Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

airlinepilotcentral.com

One poster said he made about $75 his first year, and $100 his second.

If you are assigned to fly on days 18-21 of your trip (17 is the max assigned), which are "Days Off" you get a lot of extra money...I don't know how much.

They have ESOP plan, 401K matching, and a Profit Sharing Plan.

cliff
NBO

Hi!

The 1000 turbine and/or jet PIC time is a pretty standard requirement for a LOT of jobs. For SWA, 1000 PIC turbine is required. There are LOTS of other jobs that are the same.

That is why you have so many guys, like I did, stay in a "not great" position to get their 1000 PIC Jet/Turbine/Turbine ME before they start to look for another job. It really is a very common benchmark.

cliff
NBO

Hi!

The 1000 turbine and/or jet PIC time is a pretty standard requirement for a LOT of jobs. For SWA, 1000 PIC turbine is required. There are LOTS of other jobs that are the same.

That is why you have so many guys, like I did, stay in a "not great" position to get their 1000 PIC Jet/Turbine/Turbine ME before they start to look for another job. It really is a very common benchmark.

cliff
NBO

But Atlas' requirement is 1000 Jet PIC, I've never heard of any legacy or national airline requiring that for an fo.

Hi!

SWA is 1000 TURBINE PIC to get hired...all new hires are FOs. Turbine is pretty close to jet.

AirTran is 500 PIC 121.

VirginAmerica is 1000 PIC jet OR turbine.

There ARE more, but I just cant think of them now...

cliff
NBO

Well for my sake I hope they are flexible on the 1000 jet pic. I know they there are plenty that meet that requirement these days but thats the first time I have seen the jet pic requirement instead of turbine pic. I have plenty of jet time and turbine pic but not much jet pic.

So ....
Somebody type rated and flying the 747 as an F/O at airline X is unqualified to even apply. But a guy flying a single engine Caravan is?

I think the point was 1000 Turbine PIC vs 1000 Jet PIC.

Is a guy with 1000 turboprop PIC out?
Can any Atlas guy / gal confirm this?

thanks

Latest resources

Back