Atlas Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

Caravan capts do not have 1000 PIC jet so don't have mins. Caravan SICs don't either...there are some of those here...two pilots required sometimes.

Emirates requires 2000 jet total, preferably over 55 tonnes for FOs.

Japan 767 contract requires 1000 civilian jet total for FOs.

Cliff
NBO

I think the point was 1000 Turbine PIC vs 1000 Jet PIC.

Is a guy with 1000 turboprop PIC out?
Can any Atlas guy / gal confirm this?

thanks

Thanks Bertie that is the point. Turbine PIC means turboprop or jet PIC, which is a common requirement. Jet PIC, of course means jet PIC. Myself and I am sure thousands of other pilots left the commuters flying turboprops in the 90s to fly jets for a major. Many of us never made captain at the major and are now on the job market with tons of large jet time and turboprop pic but no jet pic. Now that most regional airlines have jets, the 1000 jet pic will be no problem for the guys that have been there for a while.

If they wanted 1000 PIC jet then it should say so. "!000 PIC turbine jet" to me means turboprop or jet, and I would operate under that assumption unless somewhere in the interview process I was told otherwise & sent packing.

I'm afraid it comes down to supply and demand. I bet they could fill the slots with 3000 jet PIC, if they chose. Looks like they will be hiring into the -400 this time. They filled the classic FO's requirements with recalled FO's and upgrading FE's.

The good news is, it costs nothing to submit your resume. Let them decide what it is, turbine, jet, or spaceshuttle.

I can't find any info about hiring. Can someone point aout where I can find info. Looking at 10K + time, 500+ pic 737, 3000+ jet, hopefully I can get a nibble!!!

Somebody type rated and flying the 747 as an F/O at airline X is unqualified to even apply. But a guy flying a single engine Caravan is?
I guess, not many type rated 747 dudes out there without the PIC. The only example I can think of would be the UA new hire back in the late 90s that went straight to the 744. But were they even type rated?

Hi!

There are a TON of guys flying 747s as FOs overseas with PIC type ratings. It is required by, I think, 100% of the contract agencies.

cliff
NBO

Turbine Jet PIC? How about just Jet PIC? I mean, I have never heard of Piston Jet before!!

P.S. I always had a feeling, flying transport category turbo props sans auto pilot was never gonna be good enough. I need to call that truck driving school!

Rant off.

Latest resources

Back