Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Atlas Air FIRES 24 Crewmembers; possible Atlas AND Polar Strike!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
spitfire1500 said:
Thank you Denise C. in human resources for not calling me!!! I have been trying to get on there for awhile....screw that now. If they sh*tcan probationary pilots just to do it....... screw Atlas/ Polar..... if you guys go on strike Ill grab my uniform and be there to picket for ya!!

Well said spitfire. WTF happened over there? Well, I know it's been said before but good luck to the Atlas/Polar gang. So much for that! No need to continue this process. And just when you thought you saw the light....
Oh well, so let it be!

AAflyer said:
Well it is ok, when he is walking to BK from the 5 Towns to stuff his face he will probably not make it back with out taking a good blanket party.
:eek:

AA

PS, he did PFT, he went to Gulfstream and is now at Pinnacle. He will tell how great he is and all he accomplished, however he is just a young punk hiding behind a computer.

Youth today......I weep for tomorrow.

That's probably him in the avatar too I'm guessing.

410dude said:
You guys can call me what you want, but the fact is that it's been my dream and career goal to fly a 747 and if the labor strife and Polar and Atlas means that they will be anxious to take on somebody like me (lower time and highly motivated) then so be it!

If you don't have anything productive to add to the thread, then shut the F*CK UP! you are now on my ignore list.

410dude said:
I always dreamed of commanding a 747, maybe I'll get my chance.

Guys- don't get your panties in a wadd, it's obvious 410dude is a big "FLAME" bait thrower. Look at his other posts, he's a TOOL.

I really feel bad for you guys, best of luck and stick together.

I had been reading these threads for the past 2 months trying to learn how to score an interview with Atlas. Faxing them my resume about every 4 days....reading the threads from guys just like me, trying to make a choice of staying in the regionals or getting on with Atlas/polar cargo... And then reading about how they got the job or even the interview....If they gave up there jobs to go to Atlas and not even four months from being hired, fired and without your old job with whatever seniority they just gave up, that is a f..king shame, and a waste. I hope you guys merge soon and get some good raises and better work rules.
I would have gone myself just the way things where (because it seemed like a good group of pilots out there) Sorry Mng. is so gready and insensitive. Ill hope for good times ahead guys/girls later.

P.S. 410 is a loser!

Sad news. I wish the Atlas and Polar folks all the best.

A few months ago I met a Polar guy fresh out of new hire training. He jokingly referred to himself as a "2 time US Air loser" as he was one of the guys that got merged into Airways many years ago during one of the acquisitions. Anyhow he's a real pleasant guy and he was telling me about how he was looking forward to doing some line flying and was happy with the company thus far. Now this. I have no idea if he's one of the guys getting axed but the whole deal really sucks.

Best of luck gents.

He could be.

So far the 24 747-400 pilots they fired are some of the senior most probationary pilots...many hired in the first wave of hiring. There are over 30 probationary 747-200 pilots still on payroll; many of them are junior to the fired guys. So I guess you could say "they fired out of seniority". The Cato24, as they are being called, are largely a mix of ATA, TWA, and USAirways furloughees.

Jim Cato is they guy in charge of labor relations at Atlas, and the firings were ordered by him and Denis Erickson. The firings are a direct result of the Polar MEC not signing a T/A that was forced on them last week by management. Denis Erickson, the CEO, even stated in an internal employee memo that "...no aircraft would move, nor would any Crewmembers be released, pending the outcome of the ratification vote." The day after the MEC declined to put the T/A out for ratification, Cato ordered the firings as retaliation.

ALPA national, as usual, is doing nothing but writing the occasional nasty letter to Erickson, but we believe the Cato24 have a good case for a civil class action law suit. That is being worked on now.

Good luck to the Cato24 and the entire Polar Air Cargo pilot group.

Latest resources

Back