Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Atlas Air FIRES 24 Crewmembers; possible Atlas AND Polar Strike!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think I know what you are trying to say crzipilot. But I know for a fact that about 85% of the terminated Polar pilots are ex-TWA, USAir, ATA, AA etc.

These guys have been "around the block".

furloughfodder said:
I think I know what you are trying to say crzipilot. But I know for a fact that about 85% of the terminated Polar pilots are ex-TWA, USAir, ATA, AA etc.

These guys have been "around the block".

Probably more like 90 to 95%.

My class of 12 only had one or maybe two pilots that was not from a major airline.
And the ones that were not had large amounts of experience in other areas.

There are no "Low Timers" or "New Kids" at Polar. New to the airline and the 747 yes, not to the industry.

crzipilot

"Anyways the post was more along the lines of, the new kids that came up through the schools, to the regionals and jumping to the big iron, and now they are shocked......"

I came up thru a aviation school, to the regionals, jumped into "big iron", supposed to start class with Polar last week - Not shocked at what is happening. What's your point? Let me guess, you walked uphill 5 miles both ways to school and paid your dues in the industry which makes you an authority on the subject?

Yo crzi pilot, get a clue.....just because theres alot of pilots on the street doesnt mean sh&t. It would take a year to train 100 pilots off the street and by then Polar would be in bankruptcy.Also, Polar is scheduled service.

I would hate to see Atlas or Polar go belly up, Personally for me, I love the747, I was in kindergarten when I flew on it, Let's face the truth, aviation can be a tough world, like garbage hauling or anyone who works, prices have gone up up and away.

YOU MUST LOVE WHAT YOU DO. you have to invest and save every dime and penny on the side. No one will bail us out in the long run, it is about truth and spirit. my cousin sells stone, believe me this is a tuff business more than aviation, Hard work, PAYS!

oK SORRY, I think I may be getting lost on my point, but I was on the famous flight of Atlas, which, blew up and lost an engine in guiykille, in ecuador in april of 2000, believe me, it was hetic, we lost the number 1 at 400 feet, and was on fire for 15 minutes, I still have the shrapnel which I saved, I remember the captain, who did everthing correctly and it was critical, and if it wasn't for the captain who did his job, I would not be alive today.

So thanks to the Captain of Atlas who saved my life and if you love fly flying keep flying or change, there are many opportunties out there, just know that! lots!

MissKittyKat

Always a friend in need!

I'm a female not a pilot, but trying to understand them.

xoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoo

Right!

MissKittyKat said:
YOU MUST LOVE WHAT YOU DO. xoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoo

Or. Alternatively: You should love who you do.

Or. Perhaps: You do those you love.

Or. Maybe: Love the one you're with or be with those who love the one you do who have done what you've done.

I dunno.

Peace.

Latest resources

Back