• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ati hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So it's your opinion that the ABX side letter overrides ATI's CBA on the vacation issue? Our CBA clearly states that vacation accrual is based on years of service to ATI, not ABX, ATSG, or CCI.
My opinion is not what is important. What has already been negotiated by ATSG management is what is important. Vacation will be given to the ABX newhires at their new hire seniority level. However, in addition, ATSG will give them another level of vacation based upon their years of service with their sister ATSG carrier. No additional seniority will be added by the agreement and the ATI CBA will be in full force. A way to think of this is they will be taking an additional 2 weeks of jury duty per year, unpaid by ATI that was agreed to by ATSG management and will be paid by ATSG.

My opinion is not what is important. What has already been negotiated by ATSG management is what is important. Vacation will be given to the ABX newhires at their new hire seniority level. However, in addition, ATSG will give them another level of vacation based upon their years of service with their sister ATSG carrier. No additional seniority will be added by the agreement and the ATI CBA will be in full force. A way to think of this is they will be taking an additional 2 weeks of jury duty per year, unpaid by ATI that was agreed to by ATSG management and will be paid by ATSG.

Fair enough explanation though it still creates some seniority issues due to quirks in our vacation bidding process as it relates to splitting the vacation bid. No point in quibbling over it here though.

Are you planning on joining us or are you still donning the gray suit?

I agree b707guy. Good discussion. And maybe some good will come of it.

Muckles statement says it all:

"Ultimately, I see this issue as one that is good for our profession. It is precisely the type of arrangement that ALPA’s National Career Security Committee has recommended that be negotiated within carrier families and among carriers within holding companies."

They liked ALPA's idea but, unfortunately just not how ALPA suggested it be done.

My biggest concern is our rights under our CBA not be violated by outside unilaterally agreed to side letters. And the absolute least amount of financial exposure to ATI as possible so as not to damage our negotiating position. I can hear it now:

ATI190 negotiators: "Well this is what we need"
Company negotiators: "Hey, we hear ya. And we really would like to help ya'll out. But ya know we have to pay for those "New Hires" salaries and ya know someone has to make up for the loss of production because of all that vaca time they all got right out of the gate.

I'm just say'en.....

FAJ
If you are the same FAJ at ATI that you were at Astar, you were a whiner then and are so now. Many of your posts wished for ABX's demise then and you promote no more valid discussion now. You would have jumped at the chance to go to ATI at your former Astar seniority, but the opportunity wasn't there. I'm just say'en..

If you are the same FAJ at ATI that you were at Astar, you were a whiner then and are so now. Many of your posts wished for ABX's demise then and you promote no more valid discussion now. You would have jumped at the chance to go to ATI at your former Astar seniority, but the opportunity wasn't there. I'm just say'en..

Always one a$$hole in the crowd

FreightBumper

I haven't a clue where you're coming from with that line. Below are a few posts (between you and I even) from a previous thread that clearly shows that I feel no ill will toward your group or ABX.

You and me both brother.

But I've got 11 years invested in this place and I ain't no spring chicken. So I'm riding this mule till the mule can't be ridden anymore. I'm sure you feel the same about your own situation.

Peeps, everyone,
However this plays out, there is NO reason Our Two Groups, You and I, everyone, can't make this work. Our Two Groups, You and I, should not be combatants. Every merger I ever read about always seems to be contentious and lopsided. Why is that? Who eventually benefits from a split and divided group? I'll let you all answer that for yourselves.
I know this sounds like a "why can't we all just get along" plea. Well maybe it is. But remember this; Our Two Groups, You and I should not be enemies. The enemies are the ones that sit in their crystal palaces and cabanas with Golden Parachutes strapped to their backs paid for by You, Me, Our Two Groups.

Now pardon me while I slip into my Nomex jammies for the flame fest.

I am an ABX pilot and wholeheartedly agree with you. You will have our support, and it will be given to fullest extent we are able, both physically and legally. I have carried dozens of Astar pilots on the jumpseat and not one ever asked if I would walk their line with them. I think your MEC leadership wanted it that way to fester hard feelings between us so he can push his agenda. I don't have a clue what that might be or why he feels that way. What a concept, just ask for our support out loud. Everyone wants tofeel wanted.

Thanks FB,

I am comfortable with the knowledge that a great number of your group will do what they can as long as the result is not a night in a jail cell with Bubba. My beef is with the 1224 EB as yours is with 017 MEC. Funny. Is there a pattern here?
Maybe the tail should start wagging dog and 1200 pilots can start kicking some a$$ and taking some names. Now there's a concept.

FAJ

Well I mostly read on here and not post , but Both Pilot groups need not try and focus on issues in leadership of our unions

But we need to focus on how we can help the common cause of getting fair contracts for each other. Astar Pilots and ABX Pilots should not be enemies but instead they should unite and fight the real enemy management and corporate greed

Well said :beer:

I just saw the list as well. It is 10 Pilots and 4 PFE's. Congrats to all and Good Luck! It was amazingly senior, the junior FO is a 14 1/2 year guy at ABX so it will be interesting to see if the ABX side letter is complied with in regards to pay and benefits.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back