Ati hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nite,
I know the history of the DHL debacle and how it affected Airborne and Astar companies and pilots. Hete actually tries to get some business outside DHL, while Astar doesnt. I think this is because ABX (ATSG) is a publicly traded money and has share holder money and partly becuase ABX has a fleet of 767s that is marketable. Since 1224 was already in negotiations and Hete/DHL was holding the severerance money hostage for a contract, 1224 did as well as they could for the group. ALPA probably would have signed the same deal. And as for Astar's flleet of old junk and a CEO/owner that wont risk his own money to seek ouside business, and the pilots already have a contract, ALPA cant do anything with that. As for the contract with John D, ALPA signed it in 3/08, weeks before the UPS deal. ALPA gave up 10 year old scope litigation that really were just desperate appeals. Many lawyers and anyone with any common sense could see that no judge was going to make DHL give airplanes to Astar to fly. So the litigation was given up for a contract with a 20% pay raises over 4 years (DHL planned to shut Astar down before we got all the raises) and retro. Dropping the litigation for the contract was the right call and dropping the lawsuit for the severance was the right call too. ALPA did the best a union can do. Teamsters would have done the same thing.

While some guys on this board just want to flame, Id like to think some of us can have a discussion based on facts. And to me the facts are that DPWN ruined Airborne and DHL Airways and Teamsters and ALPA did the best they could with what they had. Imagine if ABX and Astar were non union carriers. They would have furloughed out of seniority, cut the pay in half, and nobody would get any severance.

Mach, I agree on all points. This has been a nightmare for everyone. I believe we all are just trying to keep a roof over our heads and food on the table. The ASTAR pilots I have had on the JS over the years are all great guys and I consider many of them friends. Good luck.

Guys

Any idea why ATSG (yes, I search the site...) stock is up so drastically in just a few days? Any hot rumors? Etc?

Fair enough Nite. It is a nightmare. And in my experience the Astar, ABX, ATI, Capital, and Atlas pilot groups are all full of great guys. We are all freight pilots trying to support our families and enjoy life. Any of us could have just as well been hired by the other company. Just by chance we ended it at the company we did.

Good luck to all of us, especially those of us out of work.

Go to Yahoo business look up ATSG and read the latest headlines!

I suppose my question is whether the "company press release" is spin or does genuine optimism exist at the company right now; IE "things are turning around" etc etc

I suppose my question is whether the "company press release" is spin or does genuine optimism exist at the company right now; IE "things are turning around" etc etc

You asked why the stock doubled? The press release says why! Reduced debt by 135M, pretax earnings 45M vs loss of 56M in 08. Pretax earnings of 17M fourth quarter vs loss of 65M IN 08. I think I read 85m to 95M cash on hand. More aircraft being converted to freighters. New long term agreement for 13 aircraft plus spares for DHL. Pilot contract signed for 5 years. A New TNT contract over in Europe. And I think a new contract in MIA. You can kind of see the trend here I think!

You asked why the stock doubled? The press release says why! Reduced debt by 135M, pretax earnings 45M vs loss of 56M in 08. Pretax earnings of 17M fourth quarter vs loss of 65M IN 08. I think I read 85m to 95M cash on hand. More aircraft being converted to freighters. New long term agreement for 13 aircraft plus spares for DHL. Pilot contract signed for 5 years. A New TNT contract over in Europe. And I think a new contract in MIA. You can kind of see the trend here I think!

Damn Dog! Are you wound a little tight these days? Kinda looks like PTSD.

I just saw somewhere else that the FAA is going to let Pilots fly while taking Prozac. Might be something to think about. :eek:

Last edited:
Damn Dog! Are you wound a little tight these days? Kinda looks like PTSD.

I just saw somewhere else that the FAA is going to let Pilots fly while taking Prozac. Might be something to think about. :eek:

It is all in black and white....to many obvious questions starts to seem like just a flame. I am not really sure what he is after other than to say yes buy the stock low and sell it high! Besides what difference does it make to you how tight I am wound laser? His next question will be if you pull back on the yoke do the houses get smaller or bigger.

It is all in black and white....to many obvious questions starts to seem like just a flame. I am not really sure what he is after other than to say yes buy the stock low and sell it high! Besides what difference does it make to you how tight I am wound laser? His next question will be if you pull back on the yoke do the houses get smaller or bigger.

Fair enough. It didn't really look like flame bait to me but I guess you never know.

Not flame bait, wanted personal opinions of the folks who worked there. Like "life sucks here, no clue why the stock is up" (OR) "stock should be triple, business is great, management are good folks, etc"

thats all

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back