• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
capt. megadeth said:
Awwwww, thanks guys! :)

Bill Nelson ,
Actually we had Jetstreams (a very fine airplane to fly) without ATA....thank you very much.

LOL!!! Megadeth Rules!! You bought "The System has Failed" yet?

FL717 said:
LOL!!! Megadeth Rules!! You bought "The System has Failed" yet?

C'mon now.....I bought it the day it came out! Went to the concert on 11/19 baby!!!!!! :)

(with furloughs until RJs arrive, if they arrive and ATA survives) since we know the future is RJs.

CEX is a class act through and through

So it is ATA's fault that your management is furloughing you? Maybe your management should have had a backup plan?

Dude,

I'm sure there were plenty of plans on the table. However, $hit rolls down hill and we are unfortunately at the bottom.

Let the good times roll.....

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCya

Bill Nelson said:
(with furloughs until RJs arrive, if they arrive and ATA survives) since we know the future is RJs.

So it is ATA's fault that your management is furloughing you? Maybe your management should have had a backup plan?

I know their management although I have NEVER worked there. Scott is one of the best managers out there and should not be blamed for the short sighted mis management of mainline.

RV

Bill Nelson said:

You are making it really hard for me to be professional here. I am not even going to TRY to explain the situation to you since you obviously have no clue.

Willie Nelson,

Perhaps you don't understand the limitations and restrictions a wholly-owned subsidiary is held to by the parent company. CEX required permission and funding to seek fleet and schedule changes. Addionally, it could not seek outside flying without ATA's blessing.

It is easy to blame an airline's woes on it's failure to forecast market conditions and have a backup plan. Although CEX generated positive cash to ATA, it had to ask for its own money back to operate. Expansion, fleet changes and 'Plan B' are difficult without dead presidents to pay the bills. CEX is like a state asking the federal govt. for its tax monies back to build roads, bridges etc.

WillowRunVortex said:
Is ATA furloughing pilots? Got a buddy who was hired in 2000,,,just wondering what his situation might be.

furloughs at ATA aren't set yet but will be fairly deep it seems. 2000 hires may be in trouble.

as for CEX we also hope our furloughs, if any, will be short term as my understanding is any downsizing of an already very small airline has more to do with quickly changing fleet types and then re-expanding then any permanent losses.
the problem is our management saw all this coming YEARS ago and had plan A, plan B, plan Z, and plan AB to prevent it from happening but ATA often is like a deer in the headlights... they think the plans are all grand and wonderful but then they don't have the nerve to act.

all this said i am moving on to a certain carrier based in Dallas, but the loyalty that was engendered in me during my time at CEX will never die. they are a fantastic company, with wonderful employees and class act management starting with the man in the VP position. other companies should be so lucky.

now that i said my peace and look like a kool-aid drinking fool i will bow out of this discussion because all my LUV has got to go with my new carrier... can't wait. good luck to everyone in this industry.

Last edited:
ATA just announced 32 furlough notices went out ,effective the end of January. More to come. Future numbers all depend on how fast the aircraft leave and how fast the replacement ac arrive. That's the big question.

Only 250 from the bottom and I'm not feeling lucky.

sayagain?

USAirways furloughee 12/2001
ATA furloughee ??????

Latest resources

Back