Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ATA73Pilot

ATA Scheduled Service Changes - February

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Looks like a 40% reduction in flights out of MDW in Feb. Nine cities closed. Two cities reduced.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
"As a part of our restructuring plan, ATA will gradually decrease our scheduled service out of Chicago. We are reducing MDW flying from the current 73 daily flights to 44 daily flights on February 4. At the same time, Chicago Express is reducing its MDW flying from 60 daily flights to 16. Current plans are for Chicago Express to fly from MDW to Indianapolis, Flint and Grand Rapids after February 4.
[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Effective January 3, 2005 we closed CLT. As our business plan and code share arrangements solidify, there may be additional changes. On February 4, 2005, we will close our stations in Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, and Miami. Between now and February 4, scheduled service from MDW-SFO and LAS will be reduced. In addition, by the same date, we will cease service from MDW to Ft. Lauderdale, Los Angeles, Orlando, Phoenix, and Seattle.
[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

Not quite "feelin' the LUV" anymore. All the mainline cities being droppped or reduced are SWA cities.

[/font]

Last edited:
What did you expect? Did you think SWA would give you money to compete against them? Probably a good time to send SWA a resume.

Do I understand correctly that ATA has 73 flights from 14 gates now and will go to 44 flights from 8 gates? Looks like the deal as advertised earlier. Chicago express is being hit HARD.

It still must feel like a punch in the stomach though.

Any word on the proposed European flying?

FlyBoeingJets said:
Do I understand correctly that ATA has 73 flights from 14 gates now and will go to 44 flights from 8 gates? Looks like the deal as advertised earlier. Chicago express is being hit HARD.

a good deal of Chicago Express's flying will now be based on a IND hub, although there is talk of downsizing the Saab fleet while waiting for RJs to arrive on the property. CEX isn't going away, they just might need a new name.

Don't forget the furlough notices for 50+ pilots being sent out this week. DC,we have been "waiting" for those RJ's since the days of the J-ball. I would recomend a little less koolaid when listening to george,gary,and scott. Remember don't believe it untill your strapped in flying it.

Lowercur....about that anti-trust thing....

US does not object to Southwest, ATA code-share
Thu Jan 6, 2005 04:01 PM ET
WASHINGTON, Jan 6 (Reuters) - U.S. transportation regulators found no reason on Thursday to object to the codeshare deal between Southwest Airlines (LUV.N: Quote, Profile, Research) and bankrupt ATA Airlines (ATAHQ.PK: Quote, Profile, Research) .

The Transportation Department said it would waive the remaining waiting period so the two companies can proceed with the plan to cross-market their services and sell seats on each others' flights.

"The department saw no reason to believe that the proposal would violate any of the laws that it administers," the agency said in a statement. The code-share deal with ATA allows Southwest to broaden its flights to congested destinations, like New York and Washington, that it has not previously served. Southwest will also expand beyond the continental United States through ATA flights to Hawaii and eventually Europe.

Last edited:
gearup5 said:
Don't forget the furlough notices for 50+ pilots being sent out this week. DC,we have been "waiting" for those RJ's since the days of the J-ball. I would recomend a little less koolaid when listening to george,gary,and scott. Remember don't believe it untill your strapped in flying it.

i have flown my last trip with the company but i am trying to stay positive for it, c8 is a class act, hopefully ATA management can see that.

FlyBoeingJets said:

ATA management just HAD to drag a profitable commuter down with them, didn't they?

gearup5 said:

Yeah, I agree. DC, I love ya, but you have been talking about RJs since J31 class.....

capt. megadeth said:
Yeah, I agree. DC, I love ya, but you have been talking about RJs since J31 class.....

its true, i am the eternal optimist when it comes to C8. i will miss the place and only wish the best for all the crews.

Latest resources

Back