• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATA expanding at MDW--Again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Saves me from having to see for myself just how "cool you are" in the crew room spewing the latest drivel from your FOM!

You would not want to read our FOM. I'm way cool.

Passed the interview TWICE dipsh*t. The fact I was ATA was the kiss of death at the DB. Don't yank my chain sonny, I've been around. I was losing my job because of SWA and looking to stay employed. I have a lot of friends on the inside including the PD, I know the whole drill.

Yeah, what were they thinking!

What pisses me off is the way SWA handled the furloughs of over 500 ATA pilots. Over the course of the rape of ATA, SWA hired what, say 1200 or more? How many ATA pilots were picked up 20, maybe 25. SWA doesn't want experience.
[/quote]

SWA has said many, many times - Experience is what got you the interview, a personality that will gel with the Employee group will get you hired.

I can fly circles around you. Are we talking about Chicago Express? You were never at ATA...how would you know?

Source? You have to pass the interview, repeat: one has to PASS the interview. We just don't hand out jobs to anyone.

:pimp: the SWA/FO
Nor were we looking for a handout from SWA, just some respect (of which we never got.) Also I've flown with Mega and she is a great stick.

Last edited:
757, If you interviewed like the last few posts, it is pretty easy to see why they did not hire you.

Yeah, I went in there like I owned the freaking place and I was owed a left seat job from the start. Raising hell and throwing chairs around. When I started running around naked swinging a bullwhip was when they said thanks but no thanks, you ATA guys party way too hard for us.

Nor were we looking for a handout from SWA, just some respect (of which we never got.) Also I've flown with Mega and she is a great stick.

Have you ever flown with me? Where did you fly with Mega? Chicago Express? That is not ATA. Thats like saying Comair is Delta.

Give me an example of how Southwest disrespected you? Did they call you names? Or just not hire you? Did they make fun of your background, race , religion? What? I'm dying to know.

If thats the case then US Airways, TWA & Fed Ex disrespected me.....funny cus, I thought they just didn't hire me.

Have you ever flown with me? Where did you fly with Mega? Chicago Express? That is not ATA. Thats like saying Comair is Delta.

Give me an example of how Southwest disrespected you? Did they call you names? Or just not hire you? Did they make fun of your background, race , religion? What? I'm dying to know.
You really want to know huh? Well, SWA broke a promise that that they made to me. I was an ATA furloughee, who at the time of furlough did not have the 1000 PIC. When I got furloughed, I called SWA to let them know my situation. I was told, by SWA, that they would hold my pref interview slot for me until I got the 1000 PIC. At that point I got hired on as a street captain for Pinnacle so that I can work on my PIC time. It was the worst 8 months of my life, but I sucked it up so that I could get the interview. Well when I crossed that magical 1000 PIC mark I made an immediate call to SWA to inform them that I was ready. I was then informed that my pref interview was revoked and please give us a call back when you have 1300 hours PIC and a type. I could just feel the LUV.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back