• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATA expanding at MDW--Again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Then what would SWA do with all the crappy unqualified ATA pilots?

staple 'em.

I know you must be talking about the PFE/FO/CA and now PFO/CA to PFE again wonder pilots.........correct???

Nah. I was referring to the whole sorry-a**ed bunch of them(myself excluded of course, I know I'm not worthy already, been told twice), Not just the PFE/FO/CA scab like c**ks**kers that stole their seats. I would hope SWA would have more sense than to hire those worthless pukes.

The so called expansion is only a plan to move aircraft and crews for maintenance rotations, ferry flights are getting expensive.

And yes, SWA is calling the scheduled service shots.

(myself excluded of course, I know I'm not worthy already, been told twice)

Go figure.

I didn't cheer loud enough at the big SWA pep rally/talent show. I hear it's all about the big group hug at the end of the day. Guess I wasn't cuddly enough.

LOL! But maybe by the THIRD time you will be. (sarcasm) Yippeee! :rolleyes:

The so called expansion is only a plan to move aircraft and crews for maintenance rotations, ferry flights are getting expensive.

And yes, SWA is calling the scheduled service shots.

ATAFan,

Your comment is interesting. SWA doesn't own any portion of ATA and the new leadership at ATA has no SWA connections...Dennison is still there but the operational decisions are in other hands.

SWA and ATA are competitors....GK said that to me when he was jumpseating shortly after the announcement 2+ yrs ago...we would do what we needed to do to make money, ATA would do the same. I believe that is what is happening here.

SWA will not be codesharing on same city pairings....what does that mean? Well, it "should" mean there won't be any advertising on www.southwest.com for these flights. Don't know for sure if that will be occurring but SWA has said they won't codeshare on that route. That could hurt the ATA flights out of OAK and ONT to HI....we'll see if the pain is enough.

Short of that, ATA needs to do what it needs to do to make money...so should SWA and also protect itself from revenue degradation on routes such as this one....expect a price war on that route and/or announcement of MDW-ONT non-stops within the next few weeks...if that doesn't occur that would be something odd quite frankly....SWA currently only does 1 stops from MDW to ONT right now. If that fails to materialize then one would have to question if SWA has gotten soft....I'll hold off on that assessment for a few months:)

Latest resources

Back