• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATA expanding at MDW--Again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Introductory fares between Chicago-Midway and Ontario start as low as $69 each way for off-peak travel days.......

Well there ya go Mega, cheap fares from ONT and you won't have to fly on Southwest.

Not slamming Chase but he's right at the top of that ol' pyramid, and the kool-aid is very fine. Truth is no one knows but ATA, SWA, and MatPat. But one thing is very transparent from outside the fence at Jonestown. These three players are definitely in bed together, and the floggings WILL continue.

SWA and ATA are competitors....GK said that to me when he was jumpseating shortly after the announcement 2+ yrs ago...we would do what we needed to do to make money, ATA would do the same. I believe that is what is happening here.
Respectfully, what else do you think he would say?

When I say ATA's scheduled routes are controlled by SWA what I mean is, I believe that ATA and SWA act in concert on any existing and future scheduled routes that ATA flies. I don't think you'll see ATA start any scheduled service that does not mutually benefit SWA and ATA, this is a very good thing in my opinion. Will SWA and ATA compete on some routes, maybe only because operational requirements like these new routes just announced.

Does anyone really think that ATA is planning on being a competitor of SWA?

These three players are definitely in bed together, and the floggings WILL continue.

JetFlier,

I don't agree with your poor assessment of ATA pilots but I couldn't agree more with this quote.

Last edited:
The assessment of ATA's pilots was with much sarcasm (except the PFE's of course). What pisses me off is the way SWA handled the furloughs of over 500 ATA pilots. Over the course of the rape of ATA, SWA hired what, say 1200 or more? How many ATA pilots were picked up 20, maybe 25. SWA doesn't want experience. They want to manage expectations. Much easier to do if the driver is military or RJ with nothing to base QOL or compensation on.

JetFlier,

I don't agree with your poor assessment of ATA pilots but I couldn't agree more with this quote.[/quote]

What pisses me off is the way SWA handled the furloughs of over 500 ATA pilots. Over the course of the rape of ATA, SWA hired what, say 1200 or more? How many ATA pilots were picked up 20, maybe 25.

Amen bro! That's just the icing on the cake.

Man...you put the capital T in Tool! 99% of them could probably fly circles around your pansy self.

I can fly circles around you. Are we talking about Chicago Express? You were never at ATA...how would you know?

What pisses me off is the way SWA handled the furloughs of over 500 ATA pilots. Over the course of the rape of ATA, SWA hired what, say 1200 or more? How many ATA pilots were picked up 20, maybe 25.

Source? You have to pass the interview, repeat: one has to PASS the interview. We just don't hand out jobs to anyone.

:pimp: the SWA/FO

I can fly circles around you. Are we talking about Chicago Express? You were never at ATA...how would you know?

Source? You have to pass the interview, repeat: one has to PASS the interview. We just don't hand out jobs to anyone.

:pimp: the SWA/FO
Passed the interview TWICE dipsh*t. The fact I was ATA was the kiss of death at the DB. Don't yank my chain sonny, I've been around. I was losing my job because of SWA and looking to stay employed. I have a lot of friends on the inside including the PD, I know the whole drill.

Initially pref interviews were offered to the first furloughs. Suddenly those pref interviews went away with only a handful hired. Both times I interviewed was not the pref kind, however something SWA decided definitely had an effect on how many ATA pilots, furloughed or not were brought on board. Your PD and DB really do have some funny criteria given the stats of who they hire and who they don't.

All in all, I'm happy I didn't get picked up. The whole cult/sweatshop culture at SWA definitely wouldn't fit my rogue personality. Funny how things work out isn't it. I mean , SWA's whole warrior spirit/individualist mentality. Reality tells me that all you guys are looking for are conformists, lock-stepping to the beat of the SWA drum.

Enjoy your parade, thank you, I'll gladly watch from over here!

Passed the interview TWICE dipsh*t. The fact I was ATA was the kiss of death at the DB. Don't yank my chain sonny, I've been around. I was losing my job because of SWA and looking to stay employed. I have a lot of friends on the inside including the PD, I know the whole drill.

Most people pair the two 1) passing the interview and 2) getting the job. If you passed the interview TWICE you would have been HIRED TWICE. The DB is part of the interview.

Your PD and DB really do have some funny criteria given the stats of who they hire and who they don't.

very true.

Reality tells me that all you guys are looking for are conformists, lock-stepping to the beat of the SWA drum.

Reality tells me that all you guys are looking for are conformists, lock-stepping to the beat of the (insert any Company name here) drum. Its called the FOM.

Most people pair the two 1) passing the interview and 2) getting the job. If you passed the interview TWICE you would have been HIRED TWICE. The DB is part of the interview.

very true.

Reality tells me that all you guys are looking for are conformists, lock-stepping to the beat of the (insert any Company name here) drum. Its called the FOM.

Take it for what it's worth because I'm sure in your myopic little world you know more than just about anyone, but .....during my interview process it was monitored very closely by insiders (maybe not on the DB itself, but someone closely connected). I do know what, and why, and trust me when I say this; I am glad that things worked out the way they did.

Saves me from having to see for myself just how "cool you are" in the crew room spewing the latest drivel from your FOM!

Latest resources

Back