ATA expanding at MDW--Again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
757flier,

Back up a second. You said you got hired twice? We raised the mins a year ago. You interviewed twice in a year? And SWA told you you had to have a type to apply? Sounds like you got not only one but two interviews from someone that said they'd give you one.

What's the scoop? I'm trying to piece your story together.

Gup

What pisses me off is the way SWA handled the furloughs of over 500 ATA pilots.

SWA didn't furlough them, that was a result of the pathetic management at ATA. It never ceases to amaze me when people fail to blame their own management for the decisions that have put them in the predicament they are in now. And we're supposed to be the Kool-Aid drinkers?

I imagine the Colts feel bad that the Bears didn't reap the same glory in Miami, how terrible those Colt's are.

If you gots it so good Mega how come you hang out on ATA/SWA threads? You miss the past?

You wont find the SWA/FO hangin out on the freight dog page, do you? Also, you don't find the SWA/FO hangin on the US Airways, TWA or Fed Ex pages do you? Those airlines disrespected the SWA/FO....(for the average person that means they didn't hire him) but you don't find him hangin out on any of their threads do you. Its simple, he is over the disrespect (rejection for most people) they gave him. You are not.

You didn't make the grade at Southwest (that means they chose not to hire you). Which means you must interview really bad :laugh: . Because you're a woman, your name was pulled from one of the shortest, smallest, not tall stacks of application on file in the People Department. Competing with others from the short stack...... advantage for some, but didn't work out for you :mad: .

The SWA/FO's name did not come from the short stack. He was in one of the largest stacks they have. Plus, he had to overcome the fact that - he is not Mil trained. :0 this would be a death sentence for some Civ trained pilots, but luck was on the SWA/FO's side that day and Southwest chose not to disrespect him (they hired the SWA/FO). End of job search for him.

So the next best thing you can do is to appear on SWA threads and hang with the cool SWA pilots (more cool pilots here, other then the SWA/FO). Lets remember - the SWA/FO has flown freight in the past, but you have never flown more then 20 passengers in your life. Plus you have never flown a beautiful Boeing 737-700.

Oh, let me guess, you have no interest in doing that? Oh, you just like talking about it then on flightinfo.com? You also enjoy telling the SWA/FO and others how bad his Company is or how his job sux, although you have never been here/done that.

the SWA/FO has spoken :pimp:

757flier,

Back up a second. You said you got hired twice? We raised the mins a year ago. You interviewed twice in a year? And SWA told you you had to have a type to apply? Sounds like you got not only one but two interviews from someone that said they'd give you one.

What's the scoop? I'm trying to piece your story together.

Gup

2000, and 2005. Refs and BG checked both times. Not typed in 2000, only guys picked up from interview had types, my loss. Second time, all bases covered, typed, interviewed, refs checked, insiders called. You tell me? Twelve interviews that day, three ATA besides myself. All of us got shined on. I like the conspiracy theory best. BTW all of us typed, Mil background, lots of heavy experience. But, we were all ATA. SWA did pick up a couple of regional guys that day, one with no jet, but he had a green card though! Go figure!

2000, and 2005. Refs and BG checked both times. Not typed in 2000, only guys picked up from interview had types, my loss. Second time, all bases covered, typed, interviewed, refs checked, insiders called. You tell me? Twelve interviews that day, three ATA besides myself. All of us got shined on. I like the conspiracy theory best. BTW all of us typed, Mil background, lots of heavy experience. But, we were all ATA. SWA did pick up a couple of regional guys that day, one with no jet, but he had a green card though! Go figure!
Got your app up to date? Maby third time's a charm. Hiring a bunch in the next few years.

BTW all of us typed, Mil background, lots of heavy experience. But, we were all ATA.

A good friend of mine..ATA guy for 13 + years. Is a new hire with us.

A buddy of mine furloughed ATA has been on the property for 7 months now. Maybe your attitude shined through both times. I know plenty of good guys that havent received the call. When I talk to them we can usually pick out an area that may have cost them the job. But with your greater then everyone attitude, it isnt hard to figure out. Go to the interview thinking I am an ATA god, military, typed, can fly circles around any SWA pilot (stupid term but some have used it on this thread) so am hired attitude and you reap your resaults. The regional guys, freight , corp and military pilots that go to the interview thinking I am not better then anyone else, have a better chance. You said it in a previous post you are a pi55ed person. That my friend is very difficult to hide.

You wont find the SWA/FO hangin out on the freight dog page, do you? Also, you don't find the SWA/FO hangin on the US Airways, TWA or Fed Ex pages do you? Those airlines disrespected the SWA/FO....(for the average person that means they didn't hire him) but you don't find him hangin out on any of their threads do you. Its simple, he is over the disrespect (rejection for most people) they gave him. You are not.

The SWA/FO's name did not come from the short stack. He was in one of the largest stacks they have. Plus, he had to overcome the fact that - he is not Mil trained. :0 this would be a death sentence for some Civ trained pilots, but luck was on the SWA/FO's side that day and Southwest chose not to disrespect him (they hired the SWA/FO). End of job search for him.

Lets remember - the SWA/FO has flown freight in the past, but you have never flown more then 20 passengers in your life.

the SWA/FO has spoken :pimp:

Duuuude, wahy yoo bee speeking in da turd person all da time? Its freeekig eerietayting!

I like you bestpilot. I like the way you talk.

Latest resources

Back