At least NetJets has money to sponsor yacht races

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gulfstream 200 said:
c'mon boys, state your position. Youre Unified now. Dont you know?

Whats a 135 pilot to do to help you here?

The system is set up to allow all who are interested enought o find the facts to get the facts. Facts as important as these pertaining to SCABS need to come from defined outlets... not the grapevine. If you crave the answers then I invite you to go to the source (not a bottled distributor).

We know what the position is.

How can you help? Get the facts from the source and make and informed decision. That is all a NJA Frax guy can ask.

Take the red pill....
http://www.asapflightdeck.com/contact.html.

FLYLOW22 said:
The system is set up to allow all who are interested enought o find the facts to get the facts. Facts as important as these pertaining to SCABS need to come from defined outlets... not the grapevine. If you crave the answers then I invite you to go to the source (not a bottled distributor).

We know what the position is.

How can you help? Get the facts from the source and make and informed decision. That is all a NJA Frax guy can ask.

Take the red pill....
http://www.asapflightdeck.com/contact.html.

thats what I thought, you're pretty unsure.

If you're gonna do it man, jump in 100%. Thats the only way you have a prayer.

Gulfstream 200 said:
thats what I thought, you're pretty unsure.

If you're gonna do it man, jump in 100%. Thats the only way you have a prayer.

No G. I AM quite sure on this ssue.

I am NOT, however, an official Union Business Agent. Please consult an official Union Business Agent on this issue if you want the official statement.

You can contact a Business Agent at:

http://www.asapflightdeck.com/contact.html

Short of you doing that, you are only reading a message board and basing your career on my opinion.

my career? not even close man.

better think about yours. The $hit you are buying from your representation may find you out of work and shopping that dog$hit 750 rating around the corp/charter world to feed your family....

and you can guess where most resumes with the Netjet stink on them are going lately...the words out.

Better go call the "Official Union Business Agent" now....yeah.

You answered my question about your stance on 135.

:rolleyes: .

Last edited:
Give it a rest. Friday evening will know whether it is even possible to strike or not. even then the strike won't happen until Christmas... 135 guys will be too busy flying their own customers or going on vacation to cross any picket lines.

Last edited:
El,

I thought the strike might happen this summer. If you guys are released on May 20th- 30 days later you can strike. When does the strike vote come out?

Am I wrong?

Yes we can strike 30 days later... but I would think everything in the book would be tried before that.

Also I been trying to Christmas off for years.... This may be only chance. Ho Ho Ho.

been told not to expect a release... but who knows...

El Chupacabra said:
Before about 2 weeks ago, I considered a strike a remote possibility. Now I see a trainwreck. A strike followed by everybody getting fired.

I agree. What an ugly situation,

FLYLOW22 said:
To walk away on a strike means that one is prepared mentally and financially to say, "I can walk away from this job". It means more to the individual to stand for better condidtions than to continue on the same path with sub-standard conditions.

Maybe mentally....but how many of the pilots do you really believe are financially secure enough to weather a strike more than a few days? The pay isn't good enough for most guys with families in their first few years to put much money away each month. These are the people I really feel sorry for in the event of a strike. The ones that can't provide for their families without working, and can't work(for NJA at least) without becoming a scab. They'll be faced with some tough choices, but hopefully they're able to find another job(flying or not) to hold them over in the short term.

FracCapt said:
Maybe mentally....but how many of the pilots do you really believe are financially secure enough to weather a strike more than a few days? The pay isn't good enough for most guys with families in their first few years to put much money away each month. These are the people I really feel sorry for in the event of a strike. The ones that can't provide for their families without working, and can't work(for NJA at least) without becoming a scab. They'll be faced with some tough choices, but hopefully they're able to find another job(flying or not) to hold them over in the short term.

Thank God for Strike Pay from the Teamsters then. Most I have talked to are fed up with aviation in general. Strike Pay will pay for a good chunk of the bills... that coupled with other funds saved from various sources and you're looking at an extended withdrawal of services. The group is a bit more prepared than you give them credit.

"If this job folds, it folds" is what I hear quite frequently on the line. In fact, Boisture himself told a pilot just that "if this company fails, it fails" not too terribly long ago.

There seems to be no rush to find some other crap job to fill the void. The pay is just that bad here that most NJA pilots would rather find a non-flying job that allowed them to remain closer to home than start the cycle over again.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back