At least NetJets has money to sponsor yacht races

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
netjetwife said:
With all due respect sir, how would YOU know what my husband thought about HIS interview? In actuality, he felt that the wages were below average but saw no reason for them to remain so, given the facts that the contract had been in negotiation for over a year and that all involved were promising "kick-ass" pay and the chance to upgrade to Capt in 6 months. That WB had recently purchased NJ was proof enough that the company was, indeed, an up and coming player in aviation. The NJ pilots have MORE than done their share to propel NJA into the top spot it holds today. Time to make good on the promises--PAY UP! Now for those who want to lecture about acting on promises, I will say that "kick-ass" adjusted for reality still comes out to a decent salary and that is exactly what the labor dispute is about.

By the way, I borrowed the tag line about rising tides from another poster on this board may months ago and changed it slightly. It is NOT a union line; no one else uses it but me. Please give credit where credit is due. :) I am the one irriating you with the line, NOT the union.

A RISING SHOULD LIFT ALL BOATS

PILOTS ARE PROFESSIONALS AND SHOULD BE PAID ACCORDINGLY

Obviously mam your husband came out of the military with his head up his arse if he took those "promises" at face value. A rookie mistake for someone as brilliant as you claim. Definately sold himself short and now it's EVERYONE elses responsibility to feel sorry for your "reduced price" lunches. :rolleyes:

I was made a lot of promises that we're broken at my first corporate job, I left.. Tough decision but that's what personal responsibility is all about. I would hope a former Air Force officer would understand that. His spouse certainly doesn't.

You're not really falling for that "reduced price" lunch BS? It is her way of trying to gain support from the 135 guys. If she (and her husband) were really hurting as bad as they claim, what the hell are they doing with a computer, paying $20 a month for internet access. He is probably (speculation) collecting a 20 year pension from AF anyway. That's double income......which is probably why she doesn't work and plays with that $20/month internet all day.

Good luck in the near future lady.

Flame for sure

You guys are harsh!! The lady just wants a better life for her and her family!! Cut her a little slack , please!!

Gulfstream 200 said:
yup, thats the mentality....

Lady, they ARE paying your husband fairly - or at least thats what he thought when he accepted his job.

confused? WB isn't.

Excuse me. The term of the contract he agreed to work under has expired 3.5 yrs ago. We are negotiating new terms. What he agreed to before has nothing whatever to do with what we will agree to now. Half price sale is over.

Thats smart. Id expect more out of someone we (taxpayers) spent a lot of money on.
Good one Gulfstream 200. Is that the best you can do besides calling all fractional pilots SCABS since they don't make the kind of money you supposedly do? Maybe the only reason you have that precious job of yours is thanks to the ones that served in the military while you were getting ahead. It's real easy to sit back and point fingers at people who are trying to change something that is jacked up when it doesn't affect you. This industry was screwed up long before I and many others came around and now it is time to fix it or put it to death. Obviously your leadership abilities have done neither or we wouldn't be in this situatution today.

Your opinions mean nothing. You aren't involved in this and most could care less what you think. Now cart your cowardly azz back over to the 135 board and continue your b!tching about fractional pilots over there.

NO......

I call you SCABS because you guys now like to throw that word around...keep throwing it around and you will be reminded of the wages you agreed to work for . Its then that you all crawl back into your shells and wait for the next asswhippin POS contract from BH.

and yes, a SCAB is someone who works for 1/3 the wages he should work for. That makes you a SCAB. I dont need a Union or a list to let me know that.

and yes, smartguy, SCABS running around working for 1/3 the wages DO affect me. They affect the entire industry.

nobody can ever seem to answer to that one though, huh? ...keep walking...

You guys are just too too easy, its getting boring.

All I can say is I truly hope you are the vast minority at your company. Im guessing you are.

Nobody, including me, is against your strike...but when you have the nerve to throw the SCAB word around - its coming right back at you boys....after all.... you made this bed.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Gulfstream 200 said:
NO...... someone who works for 1/3 the wages he should work for. That makes you a SCAB. I dont need a Union or a list to let me know that.

Lady, they ARE paying your husband fairly

:rolleyes:
First you say we are paid fairly and then you say we are paid 1/3 what we should work for.... What are you putting in that glass in your Avatar picture?

El Chupacabra said:
First you say we are paid fairly and then you say we are paid 1/3 what we should work for.... What are you putting in that glass in your Avatar picture?

It was a joke Chup.

I just figured that if one accepts a job at a certain price he would feel fairly paid...??...maybe Im wrong. I dont get the concept, but I could be wrong.

Latest resources

Back