Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
suen1843 said:
WRONG.

NJA guys consistently state "my union speaks for me" and/or words to that effect. And, your union has issued a statement that very specifically says ANY 135 pilot flying a Netjets selloff during a strike action is a Scab. So, the answer is YES.
Wrong again, has there been a strike? The answer is still NO.

Live4flyng said:
Wrong again, has there been a strike? The answer is still NO.

Glad you all have your stories straight...:rolleyes:

Please, someone cut and paste the official Union stance on 135 flying so we can all put this to rest and know where ALL the united Netjets brothers stand.

anyone?

What most folks beef is (including mine and h25b) is that your Union wants to label 135 operators as SCABS. Youre losing an entire sectors support by letting them say that for you. Its desperate, its obvious, and its backfiring.
Nobody wants to label anyone a SCAB. Sounds like we never had the 135 sector support to begin with. I could care less if every 135 operator in the world flies all of the "struck work" if it happens. The company won't survive and the 135 market will be flooded with pilots and planes. Please do what you feel is best for you. Just don't b!tch about it anymore.

Live4flyng said:
Nobody wants to label anyone a SCAB. Sounds like we never had the 135 sector support to begin with. I could care less if every 135 operator in the world flies all of the "struck work" if it happens. The company won't survive and the 135 market will be flooded with pilots and planes. Please do what you feel is best for you. Just don't b!tch about it anymore.

are we talking about the same operation? Netjets? QS airplanes?

:confused: :confused: ...

Gulfstream 200 said:
Glad you all have your stories straight...:rolleyes:

Please, someone cut and paste the official Union stance on 135 flying so we can all put this to rest and know where ALL the united Netjets brothers stand.

anyone?

I doubt if you will see anyone do a "paste" of the info here because it is copyrighted material and not appropriate to paste, but if you happen to run into a NJA pilot at the FBO computer, they might show you the Homefront Briefing published on 5/9/05, last paragraph.

Gulfstream 200 said:
I hope you dont strike, I hope you dont get fired, and I certainly hope you get more money..It is well deserved.
Before about 2 weeks ago, I considered a strike a remote possibility. Now I see a trainwreck. A strike followed by everybody getting fired.

El Chupacabra said:
Before about 2 weeks ago, I considered a strike a remote possibility. Now I see a trainwreck. A strike followed by everybody getting fired.

I hope your not right, but if you do strike it's a distinct possibility. I sure wouldn't want to walk at this point in the industry. Good luck.

h25b said:
I hope your not right, but if you do strike it's a distinct possibility. I sure wouldn't want to walk at this point in the industry. Good luck.

To walk away on a strike means that one is prepared mentally and financially to say, "I can walk away from this job". It means more to the individual to stand for better condidtions than to continue on the same path with sub-standard conditions.

The impending strike vote will be yet another indicator of the resolve of this group.

The trend so far with voting has been upward.

Old TA= 82%
New MEC= 89%
Strike Vote= xx(x)%??

It is a hell of a thing to look at the aviation industry and this job here at NJA and say, "I can walk away" but that's what the industry has come to (I'm going to stop short of going philosophical). Phew!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back