• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

At least NetJets has money to sponsor yacht races

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I knew they sponsored horse races, but had heard only vaguely about the Regattas. Thanks for the info. I can't say that I'm surprised...:( All that money they're trying to spend elsewhere, rather than pay the pilots fairly, has to be going somewhere.

netjetwife said:
I knew they sponsored horse races, but had heard only vaguely about the Regattas. Thanks for the info. I can't say that I'm surprised...:( All that money they're trying to spend elsewhere, rather than pay the pilots fairly, has to be going somewhere.

Good gawd lady ... It's called advertising . I don't think they allow billboards in the Hamptons and pretty sure placing flyers in Sunday's Wal-Mart circular isn't going to cut it so exactly what do you expect ??? In case you haven't looked in to the market analysis of the typical NetJets customer, well they tend to dig expensive things like airplanes and boats. Usually ride on said airplane to reach shore in order to board said boat. As for the horse races, obviously you missed the broadcast of the Kentucky Derby last week. Probably lots of current and potential NetJets owners. Glad I could clear it up for you...

Figuring out the habitat of a NetJets owner is not as hard as say, the Yeti or Bigfoot... Not elusive creatures...

:confused:

Looks like a perfect opportunity to drum up business. Isn't that a good thing ? Must be the "reduced price" lunches starving your brain for nourishment .

Last edited:
netjetwife said:

It's just part of the sales and marketing effort - they're trying to premium brand the product.

Gulfstream does the same thing in Championship Auto Racing sponsoring Champion Jimmy Vasser, who drives the #12 Gulfstream/PKV Racing Ford- Cosworth/ Lola/ Bridgestone entry.

GV

Gentlemen, I certainly understand the concept of advertising and have no doubt that horse races and regattas are prime places for drumming up business. That said, it is not required to sponsor the ENTIRE affair simply to have a presence there. Did you guys read the article linked to Dave's post? Here are two quotes to make my point. They have gone to this level of involvement ---"has announced that NetJets in the US is to sponsor this year's Swan Challenge Series" from last year's--- "co-sponsorship of the Swan 45 Gold Cup 2004, ..." Are you going to tell me that they weren't able to do any advertising there last year as a co-sponsor?

netjetwife said:

yup, thats the mentality....

Lady, they ARE paying your husband fairly - or at least thats what he thought when he accepted his job.

confused? WB isn't.

With all due respect sir, how would YOU know what my husband thought about HIS interview? In actuality, he felt that the wages were below average but saw no reason for them to remain so, given the facts that the contract had been in negotiation for over a year and that all involved were promising "kick-ass" pay and the chance to upgrade to Capt in 6 months. That WB had recently purchased NJ was proof enough that the company was, indeed, an up and coming player in aviation. The NJ pilots have MORE than done their share to propel NJA into the top spot it holds today. Time to make good on the promises--PAY UP! Now for those who want to lecture about acting on promises, I will say that "kick-ass" adjusted for reality still comes out to a decent salary and that is exactly what the labor dispute is about.

By the way, I borrowed the tag line about rising tides from another poster on this board may months ago and changed it slightly. It is NOT a union line; no one else uses it but me. Please give credit where credit is due. :) I am the one irriating you with the line, NOT the union.

A RISING SHOULD LIFT ALL BOATS

PILOTS ARE PROFESSIONALS AND SHOULD BE PAID ACCORDINGLY

netjetwife said:
With all due respect sir, how would YOU know what my husband thought about HIS interview? In actuality, he felt that the wages were below average but saw no reason for them to remain so, given the facts that the contract had been in negotiation for over a year and that all involved were promising "kick-ass" pay and the chance to upgrade to Capt in 6 months. That WB had recently purchased NJ was proof enough that the company was, indeed, an up and coming player in aviation. The NJ pilots have MORE than done their share to propel NJA into the top spot it holds today. Time to make good on the promises--PAY UP! Now for those who want to lecture about acting on promises, I will say that "kick-ass" adjusted for reality still comes out to a decent salary and that is exactly what the labor dispute is about.

By the way, I borrowed the tag line about rising tides from another poster on this board may months ago and changed it slightly. It is NOT a union line; no one else uses it but me. Please give credit where credit is due. :) I am the one irriating you with the line, NOT the union.

A RISING SHOULD LIFT ALL BOATS

PILOTS ARE PROFESSIONALS AND SHOULD BE PAID ACCORDINGLY

With NO respect, maam:

So, your husband took a job based on what he thought the future pay might be after negotiations?

Thats smart. Id expect more out of someone we (taxpayers) spent a lot of money on.

Good luck "lifting your boat" folks....you're the ones who drove it up on the rocks.

:rolleyes: .

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back