Astar - Point The Blame Where It Belongs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well let’s see.

McCain is coming to ILN. He’s feels forced to address the issue. Obama is sure to follow. If we can get one of these guys to commit to using Oval Office influence once they’re in the White House, anythings possible.

Think a presidential candidate backing you won’t make much difference?
Sen Brown thinks differently…
"Deutsche Post is going to want a lot of things from the U.S. government in the years ahead," Brown says. "And I think that President Obama at my urging is going to want to do a little less for them if they do this to 8,000 American workers."

Oh yeah, there’s the antitrust thingSen Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, and Herb Kohl, D-Wis, called for federal review of a proposed arrangement between United Parcel Service and DHL Express US, the second and third largest overnight package delivery services in the United States.”

Just who do you think has been in all the endless meetings bringing their staffers up to speed on this issue? ALPA?

Last edited:
I will say that I was at work last night when 1224 brought Sherrod Browns staffer through our office. I believe it was to report back to Brown with a better idea of the operations and jobs that are going to be lost.

I’ll just point out that of all the tactics employed to try to change DHL’s plans, it’s the political arena that’s gained the most traction and has the best potential. It’s been ABX pilots, not Astar pilots, that led the way.

That’s Ok. You guys just keep doing what you’ve always done…. make noise. We’ll just keep doing what we’ve always done… get results.

Damn, I hadn't had this good of a laugh in a long time!

Thanks Penguin! You boys keep "leading the way!" LOL!!

I'm not sure I'd call filing this grievance and what would be the multimillion dollar lawsuit "whining"...but to each his own.

I'm sorry DX, what was it again you said you and 1224 were doing again to save your jobs?

Daz will offer you guys money and future jobs as cabana boys and you will fold on this lawsuit too.
"got scope?"

Well let’s see.

McCain is coming to ILN. He’s feels forced to address the issue. Obama is sure to follow. If we can get one of these guys to commit to using Oval Office influence once they’re in the White House, anythings possible.

"Deutsche Post is going to want a lot of things from the U.S. government in the years ahead," Brown says. "And I think that President Obama at my urging is going to want to do a little less for them if they do this to 8,000 American workers."

Oh yeah, there’s the antitrust thingSen Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, and Herb Kohl, D-Wis, called for federal review of a proposed arrangement between United Parcel Service and DHL Express US, the second and third largest overnight package delivery services in the United States.”

Just who do you think has been in all the endless meetings bringing their staffers up to speed on this issue? ALPA?

Yea you're sooooo right Penguin, nobody else has been involved, only the Superior Leadership and intellect of the 1224 has made any of this happen...............

Keep slurping the Kool-Aid buddy........

Well let’s see.

I'll be sure and pass along your immense appreciation to Joe Teuchert, AStar pilot and head of the Save our Jobs in ILN group. He's the one coordinating the McCain and Obama visit. Did you and Al Gore invent the internet too? Soo unbelievable...but Peng....what are YOU...Peng, doin to save your job?

R & W and AV8OR, he is actually a lot more correct than you want to believe on this one. I'm not gonna bash your side or say our side has done more. I will leave that worthless argument to others. Fact is though, 1224 has had a number of guys that have been working their butts off in the political arena and have been instrumental in the effect that has taken place so far. That is not to say that Astar hasn't as well. Thing you have to remember is, we can't see the meetings, phone calls, or letters that your guys are writting anymore than you apparently see ours. Thats fine as long as the the people that can help, see them. I know you guys want to save your careers and are working hard to do so. But, you can rest assured that our side of the fense is working just as hard. We may be taking a different approach and we may feel that the arena we have chosen is the more effective one, even if it doesn't put us on Utube. Either way, as long as the deal fails to go through, thats what 1224 and ALPA are fighting for, right? Why don't we save the ABX vs Astar fight untill we collectively win this battle and the have to figure out who gets to fly those last two remaining packages that haven't been lost due to the announcement.

There is certainly more meat on the political winds that apply to Wilmington than to the air force. If you read the articles and hear all this political wind, that is where the emphasis has been and as far as many are concerned the most damaging PR for DHL. Another air carrier losing jobs, not anywhere near as compelling. Sorry.
In the 1980's I opened the Flying Tiger hub at LCK and we hired all kinds of people for the hub operation from central Ohio plus many Tigers employees moved in from Chicago, Anchorage, and other Tiger hubs. A year later, here is Fedex and the end of that.
Is this much different?

R & W and AV8OR, he is actually a lot more correct than you want to believe on this one. I'm not gonna bash your side or say our side has done more. I will leave that worthless argument to others. Fact is though, 1224 has had a number of guys that have been working their butts off in the political arena and have been instrumental in the effect that has taken place so far. That is not to say that Astar hasn't as well. Thing you have to remember is, we can't see the meetings, phone calls, or letters that your guys are writting anymore than you apparently see ours. Thats fine as long as the the people that can help, see them. I know you guys want to save your careers and are working hard to do so. But, you can rest assured that our side of the fense is working just as hard. We may be taking a different approach and we may feel that the arena we have chosen is the more effective one, even if it doesn't put us on Utube. Either way, as long as the deal fails to go through, thats what 1224 and ALPA are fighting for, right? Why don't we save the ABX vs Astar fight untill we collectively win this battle and the have to figure out who gets to fly those last two remaining packages that haven't been lost due to the announcement.

Agree 100% MXer. I believe what started this whole thing was one of your guys on here criticizing our efforts, characterizing them as simply "whining", giving us advice on what we SHOULD be doing instead, and then another guy insinuating that while we "whine", 1224 "delivers". I think that's when it went south for me. But I'm willing to put it behind me. Consider it done. And thanks for your post.

Latest resources

Back