• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Astar announces new hire class in Oct.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All in the eye of the beholder. We have lost nothing except moved from CVG. If a domicile move is a pummeling then so be it. Thanks for the well wishes for my vacation. It's off to Bristol for the night race and then a week on the beach. I'll be driving.

SPECIAL EMPLOYEE HOTLINE – August 17, 2007
ASTAR AIR CARGO ACQUIRES AIRCRAFT FROM BOEING
From Plantation Florida,
Office of John Dasburg:
ASTAR Air Cargo today announced it has finalized terms to purchase 25 Boeing 737-700s with an option of 35 more totaling 1.7 billion dollars. The 737-700 will give ASTAR’s customer, DHL, the necessary lift needed to re fleet DHL’s system in the United States. Aircraft with long-range capabilities and fuel efficient engines will provide DHL cost savings in the future. Acquisition financing to ASTAR has been arranged and is being provided by HSH Nordbank AG, New York Branch. The aircraft will be part of
ASTAR’s current dedicated fleet assigned to DHL Express under a long-term ACMI
Agreement expiring in 2019. “ASTAR made the strategic decision to purchase these airplanes to enhance our position as a provider of airlift services for our primary customer, DHL Express,” said Steven A.Rossum, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of ASTAR. “Less than a year ago, HSH arranged and provided the financing to enable ASTAR to complete the acquisition of 20 Boeing 727-200A Freighters. This newest acquisition of aircraft is consistent with our business growth strategy to lower our costs and enhance our competitiveness. I would like to thank HSH Nordbank and Bank of America, for their roles in enabling ASTAR to carry out this important transaction.”

I found this in an e-mail.

From Plantation Florida,
Office of John Dasburg:
ASTAR Air Cargo today announced it has finalized terms to purchase 25 Boeing 737-700s with an option of 35 more totaling 1.7 billion dollars. The 737-700 will give ASTAR’s customer, DHL, the necessary lift needed to re fleet DHL’s system in the United States. Aircraft with long-range capabilities and fuel efficient engines will provide DHL cost savings in the future. Acquisition financing to ASTAR has been arranged and is being provided by HSH Nordbank AG, New York Branch. The aircraft will be part of
Agreement expiring in 2019. “ASTAR made the strategic decision to purchase these airplanes to enhance our position as a provider of airlift services for our primary customer, DHL Express,” said Steven A.Rossum, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of ASTAR. “Less than a year ago, HSH arranged and provided the financing to enable ASTAR to complete the acquisition of 20 Boeing 727-200A Freighters. This newest acquisition of aircraft is consistent with our business growth strategy to lower our costs and enhance our competitiveness. I would like to thank HSH Nordbank and Bank of America, for their roles in enabling ASTAR to carry out this important transaction.”

Is this for real? I didn't think Boeing even made a 737NG freighter yet.

From Plantation Florida,
Office of John Dasburg:

Me thinks erwaz has just become a candidate for probable cause drug testing. :laugh:

By the way...completely made up. I emailed Mr. Mckeen and he confirmed it is false.

I comment on EVERY part of this industry. I enjoy every part, and I have an opinion, which you can debate if you wish. And, I enjoy this board. If you want me to not do something I enjoy, then all I can say is TOO BAD. I stated initially that it would suk to be an FE for years, and I have experience on the panel of the 727. Potential newhires should be warned. And I am happy at Delta and we are hiring.

Bye Bye--General Lee

People can't just say "Oh, Delta sounds great, here's my app, I expect a class date before sundown." Guys that want to move on from, I don't know, a commuter or some place they don't like, might apply to both Delta and Astar and wait to see if anybody calls. You can't just wave a wand and work for whoever you want. Your "Come fly for us today" attitude gets old.

People can't just say "Oh, Delta sounds great, here's my app, I expect a class date before sundown." Guys that want to move on from, I don't know, a commuter or some place they don't like, might apply to both Delta and Astar and wait to see if anybody calls. You can't just wave a wand and work for whoever you want. Your "Come fly for us today" attitude gets old.

Going from a Regional left seat to the FE seat on a 727 would be moving backwards, especially if you have to do it for years. That is what is happening at Astar. People aren't going to the right seat for years. That might be good to know before you apply. And, we are hiring 75 a month and there are plenty of ways to get your name in the hat if you want, like career fairs etc. My "come fly for us" attitude may get someone a job and avoid years in an FE seat.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back