Astar announces new hire class in Oct.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hvydriver

FWIW, our management has announced interviews and a class date in Oct. for B727 SO's. At least one more class after that. Here's the info, if anyone is interested:

We have begun the hiring process to fill Boeing 727 Second Officer positions with new hire
pilots and the first class is scheduled for October 2007. The interview process will begin this
month. Contact info is: email:​
[email protected] or mail to 3336 SR 73, Bldg 11, MS 230, Wilmington, Ohio 45177.

Pilot minimum qualification standards are:

��​
1500 hours total time (Fixed Wing)

��​
250 hours AMEL-PIC. Preferably with a certified carrier

��​
ATP certificate, AMEL, type rating preferred

��​
Current 1st Class Medical

��​
FEX written, passed within the past 24 months

��​
Minimum 2 years college, preferred

��​
Restricted Radiotelephone operators permit

�� Current Passport

FWIW, our management has announced interviews and a class date in Oct. for B727 SO's. At least one more class after that. Here's the info, if anyone is interested:

We have begun the hiring process to fill Boeing 727 Second Officer positions with new hire
pilots and the first class is scheduled for October 2007. The interview process will begin this
month. Contact info is: email: [email protected] or mail to 3336 SR 73, Bldg 11, MS 230, Wilmington, Ohio 45177.

Pilot minimum qualification standards are:

��
1500 hours total time (Fixed Wing)
��

250 hours AMEL-PIC. Preferably with a certified carrier
��

ATP certificate, AMEL, type rating preferred
��

Current 1st Class Medical
��

FEX written, passed within the past 24 months
��

Minimum 2 years college, preferred
��

Restricted Radiotelephone operators permit
�� Current Passport

OMG!!!

They forgot to add:

-Able to sit in the back for close to 10 yrs without pissing and moaning or bashing the relics.

Required equipment is now a body bag and bag of lime. Abnormal, not an emergency, is bag'um up and continue on.

Does Astar not have any pilots approaching 60, or are they counting on some quick legislation? That long on the panel, might as well give some real PFEs a chance!

Does Astar not have any pilots approaching 60, or are they counting on some quick legislation? That long on the panel, might as well give some real PFEs a chance!

A professional PFE would be welcomed. I'm tired of the old, "I'm just here because I didn't save enough" attitude". Most perform their jobs just as they saved for retirement. Zip, nada, zilch.

As far as hiring, those who choose to interview should be sure to get strike protection in writing. You won't even be out of sim before that happens.

By the way, I am sure Astar is a great company and all but the 727FE seat is the worst in the business. It is a thankless job that has ridiculous initial training *(you need to be a systems expert---a plumber). The worst part is the FO on the plane. He/she usually is more bossy than the Captain. You really do feel like a 3rd class citizen. And, you feel like Radar O'Reily from MASH calling Sparky, turning knobs to get the generators to become in synch so you can close the breakers. And, I counted 14 steps (including things you had to just look at or monitor) to turn on the darn APU. It was ridiculous. Have fun doing that for years at 2 in the morning. By the way, Delta is hiring 75 a month, and no FE postions at all.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
By the way, I am sure Astar is a great company and all but the 727FE seat is the worst in the business. It is a thankless job that has ridiculous initial training *(you need to be a systems expert---a plumber). The worst part is the FO on the plane. He/she usually is more bossy than the Captain. You really do feel like a 3rd class citizen. And, you feel like Radar O'Reily from MASH calling Sparky, turning knobs to get the generators to become in synch so you can close the breakers. And, I counted 14 steps (including things you had to just look at or monitor) to turn on the darn APU. It was ridiculous. Have fun doing that for years at 2 in the morning. By the way, Delta is hiring 75 a month, and no FE postions at all.

Bye Bye--General Lee
Sounds like you got pushed around a bit. Did the FO take your lunch money as well?

Latest resources

Back