• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA/XJT update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Amazing how well the fear tactics work. Your signature says "3rd generation airline pilot". You'd think that one would know this is just an endless cycle, ask generation 1 and 2.

I hate to say it, but the glory days of regional flying are long gone. This is now going to be a survival of the fittest scenario, and I want SkyWest to be the fittest of them all.

When the ******************** was there EVER a "glory days or regional flying"? It was simply a matter of working at a place that doesn't suck as bad as the others.

Preciate the condescending lecture but I've been in this business a long time and know darn well why AE and PNCL are in bankruptcy. And I don't believe that we will ever be in bankruptcy because of a contract that we sign. Jerry will pick up his toys and go home long before it gets to that point.

His next move will be to shrink the money losing/uncooperative side of his business. (Dont say that cant happen beacuse we saw it at ASA during the contract '08 negotiations when 700's were transferred to SKYW resulting in downgrades and displacements). The surviving entity will continue to make Jerry money while the pilots left without a job scramble to start over somewhere else.

So the point of my previous post is that now is NOT the time to be shooting for the moon with this contract. We need a contract that will be just good enough to get us by for 3 years. Negotiations would start again in 2 short years. Hopefully by then somebody has raised the bar past us. I mean dang fellas, how many of us plan to be here that long anyhow???? I mean come on. Really? Why do I need a huge improvement when I'll most likely be gone in a year? 1.5 years?

Just my $.02. (but why do I bother? Nobody ever changes there mind around here).

Contract negotiations '08?

ASA rocks. I want an AceyPalooza ticket! Go Atlanta! woo!!!!!!
Who needs a contract when I'm getting a free turkey?
Gimme a ride in a Mini Indy car, don't worry about Painmaker!
Roll my day off, then don't restore it, it's ok.
Thank you, may I have another?
I love surveys that don't apply to flight crews, but to the people in the cubicles...
We're getting iPads tomorrow! AeroData in da house!
Take away my Business travel insurance, I won't notice!
Oooh look, a shiny pin!
Surely, a jet. Are you Sure? Raise your hands if you're Sure!

Geesus.....well done sir

Amazing how well the fear tactics work. Your signature says "3rd generation airline pilot". You'd think that one would know this is just an endless cycle, ask generation 1 and 2.

When the ******************** was there EVER a "glory days or regional flying"? It was simply a matter of working at a place that doesn't suck as bad as the others.

Fear tactics????? I'm not living in fear- I couldn't give a damn, honestly. I'm not scared at all, but I am smart. There is a difference between strategy and charging blindly out of the trenches, all the while yelling "bonsai"! Why is the concept of regional flying so difficult for you to understand? We're already at the top of the pyramid at this level- what exactly is it you're looking for, beyond that?

Ask generation 1 and 2 about what, exactly? I don't need to ask squat- I've lived through more in this industry than you know. Strikes, furloughs, displacements, bankruptcies. Though not the one in the cockpit durring this, I was in the family that lived through it and dealt with it all. Economics are economics, and you are trying to reinvent the wheel with idealistic fantasy.

The glory days of the regional airline industry would equal wide profit margins which yielded lots of room for pay increases and the contract you fantasize about (circa 2000-2005). Glory days consist of a time where every regional was growing and wasn't concerned with "cost competitiveness" in order to grow at the expense of another regional airline, or it's pilots.

One of the greatest components of strength is being intelligent and wise. From where I sit, and from what I see, the means to what you want/wish for just doesn't exist in this environment.

We all want more pay and better QOL, but it ain't gonna happn here, so leave when you can- I am.

I've lived through more in this industry than you know.

As have I.

Been there, done that/got to walk a picket line in my lifetime. Also got to watch my dad go on strike at a legacy in the 80's

furloughs, displacements, bankruptcies. Though not the one in the cockpit durring this, I was in the family that lived through it and dealt with it all.

Been there, done that also. However I WAS the one in the cockpit when all that happened. Multiple base closures, upgraded, downgraded, displaced, CH11, furloughed, and getting to start all over at the bottom again somewhere else. Upgraded, downgraded, getting to upgrade for a THIRD time, etc.

We all want more pay and better QOL, but it ain't gonna happn here, so leave when you can- I am.

Wow, so am I. Ain't that some sh1t?

Sorry, but you're experience/perspective ISN'T as unique as you think it is.

As have I.

Been there, done that/got to walk a picket line in my lifetime. Also got to watch my dad go on strike at a legacy in the 80's

Been there, done that also. However I WAS the one in the cockpit when all that happened. Multiple base closures, upgraded, downgraded, displaced, CH11, furloughed, and getting to start all over at the bottom again somewhere else. Upgraded, downgraded, getting to upgrade for a THIRD time, etc.

Wow, so am I. Ain't that some sh1t?

Sorry, but you're experience/perspective ISN'T as unique as you think it is.

And you're not the only one that's ever paid dues- so quit waiving your finger in everyone's face like you're the airline dynamo.

Latest resources

Back