• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA/XJT update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ASA rocks. I want an AceyPalooza ticket! Go Atlanta! woo!!!!!!
Who needs a contract when I'm getting a free turkey?
Gimme a ride in a Mini Indy car, don't worry about Painmaker!
Roll my day off, then don't restore it, it's ok.
Thank you, may I have another?
I love surveys that don't apply to flight crews, but to the people in the cubicles...
We're getting iPads tomorrow! AeroData in da house!
Take away my Business travel insurance, I won't notice!
Oooh look, a shiny pin!
Surely, a jet. Are you Sure? Raise your hands if you're Sure!

What if they offered you free Cowboy boots?

Is this JM guy a regional lifer? If so, explains everything.

Hmmm. Food for thought. There were about 5 guys that left ASA in 1999 for UAL. Guess what they are doing now after loosing their homes, wives and retirements. Called back for a "3rd" time to UAL.

People make moves on their own agenda not yours.

Oooh. A regional "lifer". There are NO guarantees in this industry and I count myself lucky to have been steadily employed here. Somehow the entitlement generation thinks they should all be 777 captains at age 30 with their six month crash-course ATP training. Get in line, guys and gals

The United and American pilots "expected" more also...Doesn't mean you get it.

There is a big difference between "reasonable gains in all areas of your contract" and not taking concessions. One is attainable, one is not....I guess you guys will have to figure out which one is attainable

Well said Joe. I hear the XJT side is losing about 100k per month, where as the ASA side makes profit.

This cannot be sustained. Take the ASA contract, add 3%, give a little here, take a little there, clean up the language, and keep PBS. We are the best regional in the industry. Let's not price ourselves into a Comair/Pinnacle!

Regarding PBS. Here at ASA I loved line bidding. I voted no for PBS and was pi$$ed when we got it. Now, I could never go back. I went from one extreme to the other. PBS is a beautiful thing.

For example. If Christams is on a Wedneday, with traditional line bidding you would do a 4 day that starts on Thurs-Sat to get Christmas off. But now you are losing weekneds. With PBS, you can bid weekends off, and still bid a schedule around Christmas. Also, Alot of guys will bid 3, 25 hour 4 day trips to get their 75 hours, then they have a week off. You can still get you 75 hour pay during vacation with 3 weeks off.

This is just a sample, but believe me, you would love it.

Regarding PBS. Here at ASA I loved line bidding. I voted no for PBS and was pi$$ed when we got it. Now, I could never go back. I went from one extreme to the other. PBS is a beautiful thing.

For example. If Christams is on a Wedneday, with traditional line bidding you would do a 4 day that starts on Thurs-Sat to get Christmas off. But now you are losing weekneds. With PBS, you can bid weekends off, and still bid a schedule around Christmas. Also, Alot of guys will bid 3, 25 hour 4 day trips to get their 75 hours, then they have a week off. You can still get you 75 hour pay during vacation with 3 weeks off.

This is just a sample, but believe me, you would love it.

Ditto.

I want the second of Dec. off, and to work Thur-Sun. Easy with PBS. With line bidding, how many lines would I need to sort through to find that combo, and what are the odds I get THAT particular line. PBS is a better way to bid, and all this "it's a concession" is A LOAD OF CRAP!

Latest resources

Back