• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA worst airline according to AQR

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think what you are forgetting to look at is the fact that SkyWest was still the best performing regional. Jerry's baby vs. the red-headed step child.

I think what you are forgetting to look at is the fact that SkyWest was still the best performing regional. Jerry's baby vs. the red-headed step child.

It is a mystery to me why JA hasn't really done anything to improve our performance. BL is obviously in over his head. And why are these recycled Delta execs running ASA. All Delta is doing by taking over the ramp in ATL is rehiring ASA unmotivated rampers. Delta is just as much at fault for our crappy schedules as the dipwads in crew planning. They dump all of these unrealistic turns in ATL and shorten the turn times when we can't even turn the planes on the old longer turntimes. Now the ramp is jammed up because one plane is waiting for a spot to clear that should have been empty 10 minutes ago. My schedule has no time to eat built into it so now I'm causing a delay because my crew and I have "nutrional needs". And it goes on and on and on. We are looked at as the redheaded stepchild and crews are blamed for eveything when Delta needs to take a look in the mirror. It is embarrassing and I have gotten to the point that my apology announcements to the pax is the complete truth. The braintrust in charge of this fiasco are the same Einstien's that coined the term "DEPEAKING". What a bunch of numbnuts!

Last edited:
It is a mystery to me why JA hasn't really done anything to improve our performance. BL is obviously in over his head. And why are these recycled Delta execs running ASA. All Delta is doing by taking over the ramp in ATL is rehiring ASA unmotivated rampers. Delta is just as much at fault for our crappy schedules as the dipwads in crew planning. They dump all of these unrealistic turns in ATL and shorten the turn times when we can't even turn the planes on the old longer turntimes. Now the ramp is jammed up because one plane is waiting for a spot to clear that should have been empty 10 minutes ago. My schedule has no time to eat built into it so now I'm causing a delay because my crew and I have "nutrional needs". And it goes on and on and on. We are looked at as the redheaded stepchild and crews are blamed for eveything when Delta needs to take a look in the mirror. It is embarrassing and I have gotten to the point that my apology announcements to the pax is the complete truth. The braintrust in charge of this fiasco are the same Einstien's that coined the term "DEPEAKING". What a bunch of numbnuts!

Beergut,

I personally think there is a very good reason nothing has been done to improve anything... Now if you listen to Brian L. he'll tell you all sorts of ways we are improving, but that's not what I'm talking about. Things have steadily gotten worse since Skip...Brian.....until now. That says to me that it's planned. They've had this same scenario a year ago, and nothing has changed. Things have not gotten better because from the top (Jerry A) has done nothing to improve it. Somethings in the works, I can theorize all I want, but we're just along for the ride. You know as well as I do, anything happens around here, you read it in the newspaper first!

Trojan

.......and hey, We even moved up to 16th in one category in the last reporting period!!!!! Throw a party! Lots of back-slapping at the GO for that! HOW REDICULOUS!

Never been to PDX, DEN or ORD but was recently in SLC for the first time. I have no doubts anymore as to why our performance is so miserable. We operate the majority of our flights out of one of the best run airports/airspace in the world (albeit the busiest and overcrowded). But our airport operations have to be the worst in the world. Dealing with ops in almost any of our outstations is a joy compared to ATL. Going to CVG, MCO, even LGA is almost always a better ramp experience than ASA's "operation" in ATL. Ive seen US's PHL F ops in action on numerous occaisons and even they cant match the level of inspired incompetance and apathy that the north ends of C&D in ATL have. And those of you from SKW cycling through Atltanta, dont think that A&B have any relation to the furr-ball that are the "commuter" terminals.

In most cases, crews have little to do with ontime, etc. And when they can be blamed, more likely it is a sceduling or some other operational problem.

Sooo.. be thankful that you are lucky enough to work for the "best performing regional". Like being good looking or intelligent, its a great thing and you can accentuate the good bits, but it was just lucky coincidence for you.

Beergut,

I personally think there is a very good reason nothing has been done to improve anything... Now if you listen to Brian L. he'll tell you all sorts of ways we are improving, but that's not what I'm talking about. Things have steadily gotten worse since Skip...Brian.....until now. That says to me that it's planned. They've had this same scenario a year ago, and nothing has changed. Things have not gotten better because from the top (Jerry A) has done nothing to improve it. Somethings in the works, I can theorize all I want, but we're just along for the ride. You know as well as I do, anything happens around here, you read it in the newspaper first!

Trojan

I agree, somethings in the works. I would not be surprised to see a merge not to far off in the distant future. Only time will tell!!

Never been to PDX, DEN or ORD but was recently in SLC for the first time. I have no doubts anymore as to why our performance is so miserable. We operate the majority of our flights out of one of the best run airports/airspace in the world (albeit the busiest and overcrowded). But our airport operations have to be the worst in the world. Dealing with ops in almost any of our outstations is a joy compared to ATL. Going to CVG, MCO, even LGA is almost always a better ramp experience than ASA's "operation" in ATL. Ive seen US's PHL F ops in action on numerous occaisons and even they cant match the level of inspired incompetance and apathy that the north ends of C&D in ATL have. And those of you from SKW cycling through Atltanta, dont think that A&B have any relation to the furr-ball that are the "commuter" terminals.

In most cases, crews have little to do with ontime, etc. And when they can be blamed, more likely it is a sceduling or some other operational problem.

Sooo.. be thankful that you are lucky enough to work for the "best performing regional". Like being good looking or intelligent, its a great thing and you can accentuate the good bits, but it was just lucky coincidence for you.

"Ops, acey xxx we're ten prior, no fuel, no catering, no cleaning"

"copy" (back to suduku)

"Ops, acey xxx at departure time, still no fuel, catering, cleaning"

"copy dat!" (getting annoyed that you're bothering her while she files her 3" nails)

"Ops, acey xxx, ten late, still no passengers, no services"

"ACEY XXX, I DONE TOLD YOU AH CALT! I KNOWS WHAT YOUS NEEDS!!!!

I really hope things improve in ops June 1st. I'm not optimistic. Most likely will be the same voice, just paid more.

Multiple calls.

"Ops, acey xxx we're ten prior, no fuel, no catering, no cleaning"

"copy" (back to suduku)

"Ops, acey xxx at departure time, still no fuel, catering, cleaning"

"copy dat!" (getting annoyed that you're bothering her while she files her 3" nails)

"Ops, acey xxx, ten late, still no passengers, no services"

"ACEY XXX, I DONE TOLD YOU AH CALT! I KNOWS WHAT YOUS NEEDS!!!!

I really hope things improve in ops June 1st. I'm not optimistic. Most likely will be the same voice, just paid more.

Why do you call more than once?
One call is all they get from me.
I heard a guy calling for a huffer ten times yesterday. One call is all I give them. If I need external power, A/C, or a huffer, my next call is to tell them: We are going inside, you give me a call when everything I need is hooked to the airplane and we'll come back out.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back