ASA worst airline according to AQR

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
[/COLOR]

What exactly does this mean? I'm kinda new here, and haven't done any recreational flying. Does this mean that my family can't get on Delta anymore?

Right now, we go S3/S2 priority on Delta. Our parents go S3B, along with Delta retirees. Skywest goes S3C. Buddy passes go S4.

It's been announced to everybody except flight crews that effective June 1, we will be going S3C on Delta. Generally, S2 can't even get you on a flight anywhere good, because the planes are so full. Our rampers will go to Delta with a 6/1/07 DOH and bump us, because we will be lower priority. Same for retired Delta, and Delta parents. The remaining question is whether we will be S3C on ASA. Rumor is that we will, because when this came up last spring, Delta told ASA "we own every seat on your airplanes and WE will decide who sits in them".

No word on parents benefits. I suspect that they will be S4, if they keep them at all. We probably won't get buddy passes anymore either.

Something I´ve been thinking during all of the ¨rumors¨of lost flight benefits, is who else is willing to negotiate to keep current benies?
First think about this....our benefits including the flight benefits are a form of compensation. Whether ASA or DAL is paying for them is irrelevant, they ARE a form of compensation.
When I was looking for a regional to work for the flight benefits that ASA enjoyed/enjoys were one of the main reasons for me to come to ASA. If we loose anything it is a reduction in our compensations whether flight, medical, or hourly pay all benefits we get. I am tired of management everywhere especially ASA cutting our benefits.
Whay can´t we keep the same ones we currently have? Worldspan and some other former DAL contract company still enjot the benefits they had during their relations with Delta. Why can´t we enjoy the same? I think we can.....and I don´t feel we shuold have to negotiate for it but I am willing to.
Better yet what happen to status quo?

On an unrelated note, a friendly public service announcement:

...If we loose anything it is a reduction in our compensations whether flight, medical...
Kids, please remember that if you misplace something or have it taken away, you lose it.
If you make something less tight or release it, you loose it.

I dont mean to be a grammar / spelling nazi, but I am incredulous at how much this is happening. I dont know if seeing it incorrect here so many times is making people think that it is right, but it is disturbing how many intelligent (or at least quasi-intelligent) posts have it. Perhaps a sign that FI really is bringing on the downfall of Western Civilization.

And now back to your regularly scheduled ASA sucks thread.....

Sorry Leroy, must´ve been the 5th Jack and Coke that did my spellin in!
Carry on dick....................

Something I´ve been thinking during all of the ¨rumors¨of lost flight benefits, is who else is willing to negotiate to keep current benies?
First think about this....our benefits including the flight benefits are a form of compensation. Whether ASA or DAL is paying for them is irrelevant, they ARE a form of compensation.
When I was looking for a regional to work for the flight benefits that ASA enjoyed/enjoys were one of the main reasons for me to come to ASA. If we loose anything it is a reduction in our compensations whether flight, medical, or hourly pay all benefits we get. I am tired of management everywhere especially ASA cutting our benefits.
Whay can´t we keep the same ones we currently have? Worldspan and some other former DAL contract company still enjot the benefits they had during their relations with Delta. Why can´t we enjoy the same? I think we can.....and I don´t feel we shuold have to negotiate for it but I am willing to.
Better yet what happen to status quo?

1. As the RJDC says, "We Don't Negotiate With Delta" (but we should). We have no forum to negotiate pass benefits.

2. Our benefits have been decreasing for years. Have you gone to the doctor lately and had labs done or gotten a prescription? Yikes! Our out of pocket costs have more than doubled.

3. The best solution is to join everybody else and update your resume. Vote on the "new contract" with your feet.

Sorry Leroy, must´ve been the 5th Jack and Coke that did my spellin in!
Carry on dick....................

5th J/C by 1820, and you're still up at 1 am? D@mn!

1. As the RJDC says, "We Don't Negotiate With Delta" (but we should). We have no forum to negotiate pass benefits.

2. Our benefits have been decreasing for years. Have you gone to the doctor lately and had labs done or gotten a prescription? Yikes! Our out of pocket costs have more than doubled.

3. The best solution is to join everybody else and update your resume. Vote on the "new contract" with your feet.

I disagree. We can negotiate whatever we want. It is up to mgmnt to make it happen. How that works isn't my problem. It CAN BE DONE!!

Yes and this is why we should address the whole status quo thingy.

Its out there...just point me in the direction to walk

I disagree. We can negotiate whatever we want. It is up to mgmnt to make it happen. How that works isn't my problem. It CAN BE DONE!!

Not true. It would be very irresponsible for management to offer something in negotiations that they have no power to provide.

Not true. It would be very irresponsible for management to offer something in negotiations that they have no power to provide.
Why don't you think they can provide this?
If ASA wants to buys something from DAL why wouldn't DAL sell it?
I think you aren't giving the "good ole boys" in airline management enough credit.
I guess we will just have to agree to disagee..........

Latest resources

Back