Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why do you call more than once?
One call is all they get from me.
I heard a guy calling for a huffer ten times yesterday. One call is all I give them. If I need external power, A/C, or a huffer, my next call is to tell them: We are going inside, you give me a call when everything I need is hooked to the airplane and we'll come back out.

One Call, That's All

Delta can't rehire many ASA people because they cannot pass the drug test. They are going to have to find new people to fill many positions. Hopefully higher pay and better screening will improve the pool.

Why do you call more than once?
One call is all they get from me.
I heard a guy calling for a huffer ten times yesterday. One call is all I give them. If I need external power, A/C, or a huffer, my next call is to tell them: We are going inside, you give me a call when everything I need is hooked to the airplane and we'll come back out.

Once? I don't call at all. I sit there and LET THE SYSTEM WORK. They know airplanes need fuel, passengers, and services. It's not my job to remind them.

Once? I don't call at all. I sit there and LET THE SYSTEM WORK. They know airplanes need fuel, passengers, and services. It's not my job to remind them.

It will interesting to see if things get better by June 1. I am cautiously optimistic that it will improve. I agree with you that we shouldn't have to tell them anything. It "should" be automatic.

It will interesting to see if things get better by June 1. I am cautiously optimistic that it will improve. I agree with you that we shouldn't have to tell them anything. It "should" be automatic.

Improve? It's going to be a meltdown! Delta can't get enough of them hired and past the drug test.

Also, the house of cards is about to fall. ASA will have no more excuses for poor operational management. Especially when they announce that we're losing our flight benefits and half the flight attendants quit that week (Inflight is already drastically short handed, because they just fired some 60 FAs for attendance "occurances"). Oh, on that note, I talked to a dispatcher yesterday, and they've also been notified that our S3 priority is going away June 1. They won't let the crews know until the last minute because they know there will be mass resignations.

Delta can't rehire many ASA people because they cannot pass the drug test. They are going to have to find new people to fill many positions. Hopefully higher pay and better screening will improve the pool.

I've asked several rampers about the 'transition', and not a single one of them are happy about it. From what I've heard from multiple folks is that there will be no increase in pay, and there have been talks of longer shifts for them. There have been hints during their interview/application process that Delta will attempt to cut costs on the ASA ramp by having fewer rampers than ASA currently has. The rampers are also afraid that they will never get off of 'C' and 'D' to work mainline Delta stuff and will be stuck working 10-12 flights a shift while Delta's own folks sit back on the other concourses and work 4-5 flights a shift.

ASA does have some good people working the ramp. Talk to them sometime, I've learned a lot from just being friendly to them.

I have high hopes for life after Delta takes over, but I'm just not convinced it will turn out for the better for ASA.

Improve? It's going to be a meltdown! Delta can't get enough of them hired and past the drug test.

Also, the house of cards is about to fall. ASA will have no more excuses for poor operational management. Especially when they announce that we're losing our flight benefits and half the flight attendants quit that week (Inflight is already drastically short handed, because they just fired some 60 FAs for attendance "occurances"). Oh, on that note, I talked to a dispatcher yesterday, and they've also been notified that our S3 priority is going away June 1. They won't let the crews know until the last minute because they know there will be mass resignations.

What exactly does this mean? I'm kinda new here, and haven't done any recreational flying. Does this mean that my family can't get on Delta anymore?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back