Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Stifler's Mom

MILF...MILF...MILF
The Company is offering voluntary furloughs by seniority within the Captain and First Officer positions effective immediately (ref. 23.A.8.b). Expected recall as of today is not until 1st quarter 2010. If you are interested, please contact a Chief Pilot.
Scott

Well, I put in an extension of my MLOA until 2014 to help at least one individual. I wish all of you guys the best of luck!

Tim

An extension of MLOA, coma, extended comas, early retirements, etc won't change what's going to happen on Jan 2.

Word on the street is that Friday Jan 2, pink slips go out to every pilot not covered by the contract. (11-20-2007) I don't know the number. Some say 137 some say 186, but if your hire date is after that date, you will get your "involuntary" pink slip on Friday the 2nd.

Good luck and keep your spirits up. ASA should be in about as good of a position for recovery as anyone.

Bummer man. I guess the meeting at Delta didn't go that great. I wonder if Skywest will be needing to furlough, too, or if this is just ASA and Comair getting whacked?

Bummer man. I guess the meeting at Delta didn't go that great. I wonder if Skywest will be needing to furlough, too, or if this is just ASA and Comair getting whacked?
didn't they already? I thought I heard that somewhere

An extension of MLOA, coma, extended comas, early retirements, etc won't change what's going to happen on Jan 2.

Word on the street is that Friday Jan 2, pink slips go out to every pilot not covered by the contract. (11-20-2007) I don't know the number. Some say 137 some say 186, but if your hire date is after that date, you will get your "involuntary" pink slip on Friday the 2nd.

Good luck and keep your spirits up. ASA should be in about as good of a position for recovery as anyone.

So if the furlough happens, will the downgrades go at a straight 50% ratio?

79%N1 said:
I wonder if Skywest will be needing to furlough, too, or if this is just ASA and Comair getting whacked?
didn't they already? I thought I heard that somewhere

Skywest has never furloughed pilots in its 35+ year history nor does it plan to. We were recently told we will be increasing our flying out of ATL starting Feb. 1 st.

Skywest has never furloughed pilots in its 35+ year history nor does it plan to.

I wouldn't be so smug about it. Neither have we, nor did we plan to.

We were recently told we will be increasing our flying out of ATL starting Feb. 1 st.

ASA furloughing, SKW increasing flying out of our hub? Great to see Jerry looking after us.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back