Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Capt.
Source please?

What I am curious about is if any FOs that may be affected by this, received any warning letters.

50 notices go out Friday morning, January 2nd

Unfortunately, if SkyWest Inc. is gonna furlough, my feeling is they will furlough ASA first. Hopefully it won't happen at all, but if it does, it will be miniscule. SkyWest is up to 600 pilots overstaffed. Their burden is much higher, but expect to see furloughs there if ASA furloughs. Inc will not furlough the "golden children" while not furloughing the "red headed step child." Inc. will never justify a Union presence, ever. This is the way the game is played and Jerry and Co. are much better at it than any pilot, and virtually anyone else in the Industry.

Trojan

When it happens it should be for about 12-18 months. I see a need for people going out the top for a need on the bottom.

Majors will need to hire for there to be a need to hire new Rj FO's. DCI is shrinking, plain and simple. More 900's but about a 1 for 2 to 50 seat jets.

Majors will need to hire for there to be a need to hire new Rj FO's. DCI is shrinking, plain and simple. More 900's but about a 1 for 2 to 50 seat jets.

But the '900 has a Flight Engineer, right?

I mean, how can just 2 guys fly such a big jet?....it isn't safe!

Latest resources

Back