• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA to retire the ATR-72.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know what the margin for the CAL flying was, but after the total cost of bringing in a new fleet type (most airframes of which had been in storage) and all the operational issues that operation has dealt with I can't imagine much if any money is being made on it.

Besides, Bedford has made no bones about the 50 seat operation being the foot in the door with CAL, and his hope CAL pilots would fold on scope like a metal chair allowing RAH to fly (more profitable) 170/175s.

It does seem as though the writing is on the wall for the ATR. Of course Delta will put out a proposal for "new" TP flying out of Atlanta. Of course our pilot group will be asked to fly it for less. (No raise for the Bro pilots sound familiar?) Of course we will not.

I think I'm gonna puke when I see some MESA scumbag wasting oxygen in the Badda Bing... :puke:

Last man out of the Badda Bing, be sure to steal the remote, shut the lights, and take the plaque down!!!!

Well, if you can pass the RJ checkride you may fly some of the old MD88 routes, like Knoxville and Memphis. Most of our MD88s are now doing old Song routes up and down the East Coast, mostly 2 legs a day. Too bad HHH and the Tiki Hut will be left to Wsurf and PDT, or Lynx if it comes in and does it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Oh, don't worry about me. I passed it several times before. I sure will enjoy flying your old routes while you're eating dog in the armpit of Africa.

Well, if you can pass the RJ checkride you may fly some of the old MD88 routes, like Knoxville and Memphis. Most of our MD88s are now doing old Song routes up and down the East Coast, mostly 2 legs a day. Too bad HHH and the Tiki Hut will be left to Wsurf and PDT, or Lynx if it comes in and does it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Glad to see that your still my biggest fan!

Oh, don't worry about me. I passed it several times before. I sure will enjoy flying your old routes while you're eating dog in the armpit of Africa.

Not just that, but the fact that 90% of world can't stand America.

Naw, I would rather stay on my side of the pond with my little tiny Dash 8 that can't get over FL180. I'd feel a bit safer. LOL

I am too senior for Africa flying. Sorry. Jambo.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Not just that, but the fact that 90% of world can't stand America.

Naw, I would rather stay on my side of the pond with my little tiny Dash 8 that can't get over FL180. I'd feel a bit safer. LOL

I think you should stay INTRA North Carolina. You would really be safe then. You and your FO Kooter can fly Boss Hogg around, looking at Daisy's short shorts. Have fun with that.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Doesn't make sense that Delta pulls out of its most profitable station, Hilton Head. ATL will have a prop with a widget on the tail really soon to replace the current fleet of ATRs. I doubt ASA would get the Q 400, their heavy mntc reps in mcn and yul are very opposed to the airplane, citing its more expensive than the current atrs. Those opinions could justify a higher bid price than other carriers when it comes to the RFP out for Delta's prop flying. Its already out there.

Latest resources

Back