• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA to retire the ATR-72.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Doesn't make sense that Delta pulls out of its most profitable station, Hilton Head. ATL will have a prop with a widget on the tail really soon to replace the current fleet of ATRs. I doubt ASA would get the Q 400, their heavy mntc reps in mcn and yul are very opposed to the airplane, citing its more expensive than the current atrs. Those opinions could justify a higher bid price than other carriers when it comes to the RFP out for Delta's prop flying. Its already out there.

Delta will contract that out to the lowest bidder, probably Colgan with Dash-8-400s. They already have a new relationship with Pinnacle (who now flies CR9s for us), the owner of Colgan. ASA will continue to shrink.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Why do you gloat on the negative things happening to Comair and ASA?

If ASA loses ATRs, they will shrink. Comair is losing 14 CRJ-100s, and probably not going to get as many CR9s. That means they will shrink a bit too. Was I gloating or just stating a fact? Also, this world does need less RJs, that is a fact, Jack. If you don't like that, you have some choices. You can fly Fedex Caravans, apply to a Major or LCC, or live in the boonies like Wsurf and fly Intra N.C. You pick.

Bye Bye--General Lee

general, delta is already regretting mesa, pinacle will not be far behind, they cant staff and will be lucky if they avoid another accident this winter. asa will prob shrink a little this year, but after pinnacle begins to melt down as they ramp up, things will change.

delta has over diversified and their regional product has suffered. what do you expect with bottom feeders like mesa and pinnacle in the portfolio. with asa perfermance improving in atl they will be hard pressed to find a better option.

If ASA loses ATRs, they will shrink. Comair is losing 14 CRJ-100s, and probably not going to get as many CR9s. That means they will shrink a bit too. Was I gloating or just stating a fact? Also, this world does need less RJs, that is a fact, Jack. If you don't like that, you have some choices. You can fly Fedex Caravans, apply to a Major or LCC, or live in the boonies like Wsurf and fly Intra N.C. You pick.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Kinda like your other facts.

Delta will strike and Delta will not give up scope relief.

Now I agree that the 50 Seat RJ will be the thing of the past.

I am too senior for Africa flying. Sorry. Jambo.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Or so you say. With your overstated bravado and constant condescension, I wonder if you're really even a Delta pilot.

Tell us, General, where did you get YOUR start? Or did you solo in a B-767?

Delta will contract that out to the lowest bidder...

Okay folks, this really is proof that Delta truly doesn't care how good the service is. (s)He's right, Delta will go with the cheapest bid. It's been proven time and again that the lowest price point will win every time. With that being a given, How about mother 'D' give it a rest when complaining about on-time and completion factor performance? It's obvious that they really don't care.

One last thought: Is it possible that generally lost and skynation are one and the same? If not that, perhaps they are lesbian lovers....

I think you should stay INTRA North Carolina. You would really be safe then. You and your FO Kooter can fly Boss Hogg around, looking at Daisy's short shorts. Have fun with that.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Boy, the General sure does talk big for a 767 gear bitch. Hey, General, I think the captain needs a fresh cup of coffee.

Latest resources

Back