• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA to furlough?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The block hrs you want to watch are the ones for March. I believe that you will see a change in those......
As for announcements, they will becoming out in the next week to week and a half. (Shortly after SLI for DAL/NWA)

The block hrs you want to watch are the ones for March. I believe that you will see a change in those......
As for announcements, they will becoming out in the next week to week and a half. (Shortly after SLI for DAL/NWA)

Okay, I'll bite: Why March?

Seems like a fairly slow month for the airline biz, why the significance of March?

Mesaba is looking into the ATR72-600 as the Saab replacement. They were looking into this as late as last year only to have the project put on hold...the merger...Ask about the special projects team S.L. and company were part of...

Look for the ATR at Mesaba within a few years..

ASA already has the atr72 certificate and trained pilots and mechanics. Why would they go to Mesaba?

ridgeback - stop flaming. mesaba doesnt choose what they operate. delta does and delta isnt looking at any turboprops currently, and doesnt want the saabs they have, but since they have them they will use them till the leases expire. mesaba can no more choose what they fly then comair. and if tp's do return asa has a nice rate already established.

crjskipper- You are right about who chooses what to fly, but you have to be a fool to think they don't want saabs. Richard Anderson the former CEO of northwest wanted saabs. I forgot where is he now? TP's are making the come back due to the gas scare. It has gotten better now, but crj200 are the worst plane ever made from a money making view. They are as practical as the concord for an average person. I will also agree that was flame about mesaba looking into the ATR, everyone knows they have always been looking at the dash.

This guy is the new Gen Lee.... I can not believe he ever lowered himself to flying "prop trash" at any point in his life.

He has chosen to take the same path of bashing the "little guy" as the General, and it is proving to be equally classless. Check out some of his pompus posts on the majors forum.

I never will understand how these guys who derive pleasure from all this "I fly a bigger airplane" crap. When I was a flight insructor, I didn't run around and make fun of the student pilots because they had never flown a "big airplane" like a Seminole..... Maybe ACL65 did that-it would be consistent with his lack of class and common decency.

Guys there is like a 3+ year waiting list for the new ATRs. I'd be hard pressed to imagine Mesaba getting any of those anytime soon.

Would also be a major kick in the face for ASA if it did happen 5 years down the road.

From Brad Holts mouth on Thanksgiving day in the crew lounge. He stated that we are okay in Jan., Feb is when the fourloughs would happen if they happen at all. He did say that any fourlough would be short term, but they hope to avoid them all together if they can due to the overall effect on morale and hurting the pilots fourloughed.

Post 9/11, SkyWest was fat on pilots also. They didn't furlough. I don't see that as the sole criteria for SkyWest Inc. deciding to furlough or not as long as ASA is making money.

Latest resources

Back