ASA to furlough?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ASA is fat on Pilots !!!!!!!! Enough SAID

DL has over 12,000 pilots and you think they are going to keep that level or even hire?? With cutting Intl and Domestic as they said last week?

I see big cuts coming=Hold ON

Your posts are improving. This one was marginally coherent, had complete sentences, and no spelling errors.

SP- the gentleman that gave you your linecheck is simply another line pilot. He knows no more than you do, myself, or anyone else that flies the line. All that is floating around right now is conjecture- personally, I am thinking the time to furlough has come and gone- any furloughs at this point are simply not worth it. That is, if our flying returns to a level that it has been at in the past, for the summer months. The only way I could see furloughs is if Delta drastically cuts DCI flying for the summer. Even with a weak economy, we were still busy last year, and it was announced that financial analysis illustrated we were in a recession even durring the previous summer.

Delta isn't going to hire for a very long time. I cannot think of a single case in airline history where two airlines merged, and then hired as a result. However, I can recount many, many, many instances where a furlough insued after a merger- it's that case with nearly all of them. I'm not saying Delta is going to furlough, but the odds of them hiring are slim, at best.

I too second Stiffler's request for more vids: )

You must not remember the Western merger then. Most of our senior pilots were hired from 87 to 91.

ASA is fat on Pilots !!!!!!!! Enough SAID

DL has over 12,000 pilots and you think they are going to keep that level or even hire?? With cutting Intl and Domestic as they said last week?

I see big cuts coming=Hold ON

You...are...a...

MORON.

Still upset that ASA wouldn't hire ya'?

Additionally, did anyone see how much open time there is for CPT's this month? Crazy. I've put in 5 trip swaps and to avail due to 'Coverage.' Not on Xmas either or New years, one of the days fall on a Sat in the middle of the month, and they still won't swap it. i find it hard to believe we're gonna furlough with that. But who knows.

Trojan

That is, if our flying returns to a level that it has been at in the past, for the summer months. The only way I could see furloughs is if Delta drastically cuts DCI flying for the summer.

Bingo. I think we're not going to furlough, but if we do, I don't think that would forecast good times ahead for ASA. The only way management would pull the trigger on this is if they knew our summer schedule would be cut, and cut hard. With Mesaba gearing up to set up shop in ATL, it's possible. The 200 does a lot of short hops that will be sent to the Saab... it just depends on what they replace it with I guess.

x

With Mesaba gearing up to set up shop in ATL, it's possible. The 200 does a lot of short hops that will be sent to the Saab... it just depends on what they replace it with I guess.

Mesaba is looking into the ATR72-600 as the Saab replacement. They were looking into this as late as last year only to have the project put on hold...the merger...Ask about the special projects team S.L. and company were part of...

Look for the ATR at Mesaba within a few years..

Last edited:
Some members of ASA management think that furloughs are needed for cost savings. However, CT reports to BH, and BH is against furloughs. The system chief pilot does what he is told, it is not a decision up to him. The GO was prepared for training and increased block hours for -900 airframes. Those did not come.

ASA hasn't furloughed yet, and they won't until they do.

ridgeback - stop flaming. mesaba doesnt choose what they operate. delta does and delta isnt looking at any turboprops currently, and doesnt want the saabs they have, but since they have them they will use them till the leases expire. mesaba can no more choose what they fly then comair. and if tp's do return asa has a nice rate already established.

Latest resources

Back