• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA to furlough?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well o.k. point taken (Don't listen to IP's)

But with all the ATR's gone and no replacement. Doesn't that make us (ASA) pretty fat on pilots and no additional flying? Especially if no one is hiring.

Need to choose my words wisely. Not a memo from Delta but he was informing me that Delta was forecasting to hire the start of 2009 but was now waiting due to merger (if NWA pilots retire) and economy.

anyways, the point is. . . nothing has been made official and that's what matters. Don't believe it til I eff'n see it.

ASA is fat on Pilots !!!!!!!! Enough SAID

DL has over 12,000 pilots and you think they are going to keep that level or even hire?? With cutting Intl and Domestic as they said last week?

I see big cuts coming=Hold ON

ASA is fat on Pilots !!!!!!!! Enough SAID

DL has over 12,000 pilots and you think they are going to keep that level or even hire?? With cutting Intl and Domestic as they said last week?

I see big cuts coming=Hold ON

Shut up

Last edited:
SP- the gentleman that gave you your linecheck is simply another line pilot. He knows no more than you do, myself, or anyone else that flies the line. All that is floating around right now is conjecture- personally, I am thinking the time to furlough has come and gone- any furloughs at this point are simply not worth it. That is, if our flying returns to a level that it has been at in the past, for the summer months. The only way I could see furloughs is if Delta drastically cuts DCI flying for the summer. Even with a weak economy, we were still busy last year, and it was announced that financial analysis illustrated we were in a recession even durring the previous summer.

Delta isn't going to hire for a very long time. I cannot think of a single case in airline history where two airlines merged, and then hired as a result. However, I can recount many, many, many instances where a furlough insued after a merger- it's that case with nearly all of them. I'm not saying Delta is going to furlough, but the odds of them hiring are slim, at best.

I too second Stiffler's request for more vids: )

Latest resources

Back