• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA to furlough?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This guy is the new Gen Lee.... I can not believe he ever lowered himself to flying "prop trash" at any point in his life.

He has chosen to take the same path of bashing the "little guy" as the General, and it is proving to be equally classless. Check out some of his pompus posts on the majors forum.

I never will understand how these guys who derive pleasure from all this "I fly a bigger airplane" crap. When I was a flight insructor, I didn't run around and make fun of the student pilots because they had never flown a "big airplane" like a Seminole..... Maybe ACL65 did that-it would be consistent with his lack of class and common decency.

ACL65 is former ASA. You got a problem with that?

ACL65 is former ASA. You got a problem with that?

I think you will see that my problem with this toolbag is his "better-than-everyone-else" attitude. I don't know or care where he came from.... I am an equal-opportunity flamer!

It takes a really petty, silly person to try and base his/her self-worth on what size plane they fly...... This toolbasket learned from the Gen....

The tradition continues.

This guy is the new Gen Lee.... I can not believe he ever lowered himself to flying "prop trash" at any point in his life.

He has chosen to take the same path of bashing the "little guy" as the General, and it is proving to be equally classless. Check out some of his pompus posts on the majors forum.

I never will understand how these guys who derive pleasure from all this "I fly a bigger airplane" crap. When I was a flight insructor, I didn't run around and make fun of the student pilots because they had never flown a "big airplane" like a Seminole..... Maybe ACL65 did that-it would be consistent with his lack of class and common decency.

Seriously? you have got to be kidding me. Go read the posts again. I am not bashing small jets. I am bashing you.

March is the month that the summer schedules start to take effect. That is the time that the airlines start to staff for the summer flying.

FWIW, SKW has a very good contract and relationship with DCI. Plus, you have ATL. I figure you are sitting better than most.

As for not liking RJ's. You are right. I want all of them and all of you on the DAL list. I do not like being pawned against each other. Now get over yourself.

Seriously? you have got to be kidding me. Go read the posts again. I am not bashing small jets. I am bashing you.

March is the month that the summer schedules start to take effect. That is the time that the airlines start to staff for the summer flying.

FWIW, SKW has a very good contract and relationship with DCI. Plus, you have ATL. I figure you are sitting better than most.

As for not liking RJ's. You are right. I want all of them and all of you on the DAL list. I do not like being pawned against each other. Now get over yourself.

ACL, I don't know why you bother responding to this guy. Looking at his post history, all he does is bash people. A majority of his posts are slams on others. HE IS TOTALLY CLASSLESS, review his history!!!

He has no clue about this industry, even though he claims to be seasoned. If he did, he'd realize several things...

DAL may or may not furlough but:

1) Still lots of retirements coming.
2) NWA still no where close to DAL staffing models.
3) voluntary leaves will be offered.
4) flowback to Compass(and a handful to Mesaba) if necessary.
5) Domestic cuts INCLUDE RJ's (his job/career movement will suffer).
6) Most reductions have already been accounted for with regards to pilot staffing.

He doesn't get that his career at ASA is directly tied to DAL. Instead of bashing pilots on both the major and regional sections, he should worry about his own backward movement.

Like I said on another thread, this guy is just envious. His foreseeable future will be at the regional level. He should be thankful that you are one of the few mainline guys who want him on one list, I sure as hell don't! I'll fight for more worthy regional guys(i.e. EVERYONE else).

And FWIW, the info ACL provides is mostly VERY accurate. I don't know who his contacts are, but he sure does obtain some good intel. The same can not be said for crj567, he's just full of hot air.

Last edited:
I think you will see that my problem with this toolbag is his "better-than-everyone-else" attitude. I don't know or care where he came from.... I am an equal-opportunity flamer!

It takes a really petty, silly person to try and base his/her self-worth on what size plane they fly...... This toolbasket learned from the Gen....

The tradition continues.

And it takes an "indignant", such as yourself, to read into something that isn't there.

Oh I agree, but I do not like how he flames. It is just pointless. Even more so if he actually gets kicks out of it.
Most know where I came from and what I believe. I can deal with his name calling. What get me is when he facts are wrong.

BTW I agree with everything you have stated MJ42.

If you actually knew me, you would know that I do not define myself or anyone, for that matter by what plane they fly. Fact is that I do not even define myself by my job. It is what I do, not who I am.

In my personal experience ACL65pilot is a class act. Both on FI and in real life

crjskipper- You are right about who chooses what to fly, but you have to be a fool to think they don't want saabs. Richard Anderson the former CEO of northwest wanted saabs. I forgot where is he now? TP's are making the come back due to the gas scare. It has gotten better now, but crj200 are the worst plane ever made from a money making view. They are as practical as the concord for an average person. I will also agree that was flame about mesaba looking into the ATR, everyone knows they have always been looking at the dash.

- the saab is not popular at delta, at all. the atr made more money than a saab can spend in a week, and delta sent them back when the leases expired. the saabs will be used cause they are there. delta has looked at new tps for years, and always looked away. fuels back down and the 200 has new life, for now. delta also knows that a lot of asa markets doubled their pax when the 200 showed up, the saab would kill the demand. hhh will not be saab friendly, and i have strong beliefs it will not last past the end of next summer after people decide its not worth it.

asa has a strong future, as long as performance stays strong and the pilots keep operating as efficiently as they can.

Latest resources

Back