• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA taking over Freedom flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Its funny when you ASA and Comair guys kiss our a$$es when it comes to trying to jumpseat when all 50 seats are full with paying passengers.... "Hey Captain, can I catch a ride with you guys? They are all full in the back."

But you mesa bashers talk sooo much $hit.... You have never heard a MESA pilot bash any other pilot group. The biggest misconception on this board is that MESA pilots bid to take other flying. When it is MGT dealings. We would like to hear you guys talk that ******************** at the flight deck door.

PS...

FOR YOU ASA,COMAIR,SKW, or any other airlines with a indefinite upgrade time.... ITS OFFICIAL..WE ARE HIRING STREET CAPTAINS IN THE CRJ.

Mesa Air Group has incredible pilot opportunities for Captains and First Officers in our Canadair Regional Jet and Dash 8 fleet. We offer exceptional career advancement opportunities, a great Work/Life Balance, competitive wages and an excellent benefits package. Best of all…travel for FREE anywhere we fly! Currently we are accepting applications for both street Captains AND First Officer positions. Slots are limited so please apply online ASAP!!
Our first ground school class for street Captains is April 7, 2008 (both equipment). Our next class is being determined at this very moment.
CAPTAIN* REQUIREMENTS:
• Must have previous airline experience
• CRJ: 3500 hours total time with 500 hours jet time
• DHC-8: ATP minimums
• Commercial Pilot Certificate with Multi Engine and Instrument ratings
• Current FAA First Class Medical certificate
• Instrument current and proficient
• FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit
• Current passport
• At least 21 years of age
• Legally authorized to work in the United States of America
• Willing to relocate
• Able to pass security background check and FAA mandated drug test
• High school diploma or GED
FIRST OFFICER REQUIREMENTS:
• 500 hours Total Time
• 100 hours Multi Engine Time, Fixed Wing
• Commercial Pilot Certificate with Multi Engine and Instrument ratings
• Current FAA First Class Medical certificate
• Instrument current and proficient
• FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit
• Current passport
• At least 21 years of age
• Legally authorized to work in the United States of America
• Willing to relocate
• Able to pass security background check and FAA mandated drug test
• High school diploma or GED
*Captain applicants with a CRJ type rating could be eligible for a $5000 Sign-on Bonus!
For more information about our immediate pilot opportunities or to fill out an online application, please visit:
www.mesa-air.com/pilots.asphttp://www.mesa-air.com/pilots.asphttp://www.mesa-air.com/pilots.asphttp://www.mesa-air.com/pilots.asphttp://www.mesa-air.com/pilots.asp

You're kidding me right? The day I think about working for Mesa or any of it's bottom feeding abominations is the day I cut my hands off so I can't fly anymore. I'd rather flight instruct for the rest of my life then know that I contributed to the destruction of this industry.

You're kidding me right? The day I think about working for Mesa or any of it's bottom feeding abominations is the day I cut my hands off so I can't fly anymore. I'd rather flight instruct for the rest of my life then know that I contributed to the destruction of this industry.

suuuuuuuure.... Steak smells good dont it?:D

You are possibly the dumbest and most arrogant jackass to hit this board since those other two deltoid idiots....damn.

Truth hurts, doesn't it? WHat was incorrect about what I said? I even addressed t he fact that mainline pilots have dropped the ball in the past, and may continue to do so even worse in the future. While I don't think that will happen, I acknowledge that it might. And you call that arrogant.

Yet you don't see anything arrogant in someone saying that the trend of outsourcing will continue to get worse, and predicting furloughs, to strengthen their position, which is also, quite obviously, hope based.

And speaking of faster upgrade, it could be quite easily argued that there is 10 times more "upgrade angst" among outsource lift providers than there is at the legacy mainlines that they serve. Could it be you are itching for a fast upgrade? Might actually have to spend 4 or 5 years in the right seat? Oh the humanity!

You are quick to point out existing outsourcing, and then label it as an unstoppable trend. Fine, so let's point out the other side of the equation. CAL is holding fast to 51 seat and over jet scope, and they have for a long time. They could have bent over and made that concession to management anytime in the last 10 years, particularly in the last 5 years when larger RJ's have became more popular, yet they did not. Could they sell that flying down the river for a cookie? Of course. You are betting they will, I am betting they will not.

AA basically has unlimited 50 seaters and limited 70 seaters. The company desperately wanted more 70 seaters and the pilots said "nope" even though they want and deserve significant contract improvements. Did management just forget to offer them a little cookie? I doubt it. The pilots just wouldn't budge. They are making this an issue, Thank God. And outsourced flying above 70 seats: none at all. Too bad, so sad.

AirTran has I believe 20% of their block hours than can be outsourced to 70 seat and below sized aircraft. Management wanted basically unlimited 86 seaters. The pilots turned down their cookie because they refused to accept that additional gutting of scope. There were other things in their TA that were unacceptable as well, but scope is a huge issue.

So the trend is coming to a stop. Delta's fairly recent 76 seat installed scope relief and NWA's Compass deal may be the last ones you will see out of any pilot group, and I hope it is. Not for my quick upgrade, but for the sake of the entire profession. None of us, including pilots at regionals, will ever win with more and more outsourcing.

SkyWest fired the "shot heard round the world" with their "deal me an ace" deal with the devil just to get growth, and the outsourced RJ sector has been piranhas on a dead cow ever since. Yet you not only predict, but quite clearly want, that trend to not only continue but to accelerate. What's worse is that you think you may benefit from it in some way. Even worse is your attacking anyone who says it shouldn't.

Its funny when you ASA and Comair guys kiss our a$$es when it comes to trying to jumpseat when all 50 seats are full with paying passengers.... "Hey Captain, can I catch a ride with you guys? They are all full in the back."

But you mesa bashers talk sooo much $hit.... You have never heard a MESA pilot bash any other pilot group. The biggest misconception on this board is that MESA pilots bid to take other flying. When it is MGT dealings. We would like to hear you guys talk that ******************** at the flight deck door.

PS...

FOR YOU ASA,COMAIR,SKW, or any other airlines with a indefinite upgrade time.... ITS OFFICIAL..WE ARE HIRING STREET CAPTAINS IN THE CRJ.

You can't bash anyone else when your on the bottom.

As for "indefinate upgrade time"....I'd much rather stay an FO for 5 or 6 years at any of the companies you listed above, than to work as a captain at Mesa.

With the companies you listed, a 4-6 year FO will most likely make more money than being a new captain at Mesa, they get more days off, and won't have to worry about being downgraded when Mesa downsizes because of how poorly it is run.

Latest resources

Back