• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Strike Vote Results Here!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can see the frustration, but the attacks on differences of opinion need to be brought back into the realm of aviation related discussion. I am no moderator however if I were I would suggest you ignore those who are deliberately trying to cause discord, and debate the others.

In other news ASA called me this week to discuss a conflict with my vacation and recurrent ground school for next month. It was with great pleasure that I told them, it won't matter I will be no longer have to worry that you are going to take my vacation away, I will be sitting in a ground school some place else. For many that is the best solution with a regional, keep it clean and move on.

ASADFW7 said:
I can see the frustration, but the attacks on differences of opinion need to be brought back into the realm of aviation related discussion. I am no moderator however if I were I would suggest you ignore those who are deliberately trying to cause discord, and debate the others.

In other news ASA called me this week to discuss a conflict with my vacation and recurrent ground school for next month. It was with great pleasure that I told them, it won't matter I will be no longer have to worry that you are going to take my vacation away, I will be sitting in a ground school some place else. For many that is the best solution with a regional, keep it clean and move on.

Well said. Anyone who thinks they can build a solid future at ASA is really putting their career at risk. I left ASA almost a year ago and have never looked back.

My advice, for what it's worth, would be to leave this cracker box airline and leave this industry to the Mesa children. Being able to fly an airplane is NOT worth this level of frustration and uncertainty. Once this negotiation is finally over, it will only conclude the first act. The transfer of flying, dangling of more airplanes, threatening of less routes/flying/airplanes will have only begun.

A former member of management once told me, ASA management will NEVER agree to a contract that they can't readily violate. This is noteworthy.

For personal reasons I would love to see a strike at ASA, if for no other reason to punish ASA management for their many, many, many years of abusing employees, lying and cheating. If Delta went down the tubes, so much the better. Let Air Tran reign supreme at ATL.

I really wish ASA pilots luck, unfortunately I think you'll need it.

atlcrjdriver said:
The only way a meaningful contract will ever be achieved is if SKW joins ALPA and we negotiate as one collective unit. Until then SKW, Inc. will be able to play us against each other every day of the week.

Go Around, when did it become professional to b*tch? B*tching makes our pilot group look like amateurs and solves nothing. If you want to b*tch about something, go cry into a pillow or better yet, get laid. With all the b*itching you do on this board, sounds like it’s been awhile.

I hope this post was grammatically correct for you and if not, BITE ME:cool:

Hey pot, meet kettle. You B*tch on here just as much as everyone else. It just happens to be about the other people b*tching or the opposite position. What a F'in hypocrit!!!!

If you could pull your head out of your A$$ far enough to see that you look like a tool when you obviously don't know the difference between "there and their" or "hear and here". So what your saying is, it was a mis type? Your fingers have a mind of their own? They need one cause your pea brain obviously can't keep up.:confused:

You can't dispute how stupid it looks when you confuse words like that so you get personal. My wife thinks you're a schmuck as well.

TCat, from your reply it seems that you agree that if SKW votes in ALPA that we will have a much better bargaining position with SKW, Inc. Until then JA will continue to play us against each other.

GA, if I offended Mrs. GA I apologize as that was not my intent. However, when you attack someone for something as petty as “there” vs. “their” you can expect retribution. I do not b*tch on this or any other forum. I state my opinion and leave it at that. Some people lack the ability to make a rebuttal w/o adding insults which is sad and shows lack of intellect. What happens on the line is forgotten by the time I hit the hwy home. I don’t’ hold it in to write about on flightinfo.com. If you want to be a grammar/spelling teacher fine, but this is not the place for it. With the amount of errors you would find, you may as well be on fltinfo’s payroll.

atlcrjdriver said:
TCat, from your reply it seems that you agree that if SKW votes in ALPA that we will have a much better bargaining position with SKW, Inc. Until then JA will continue to play us against each other.

GA, if I offended Mrs. GA I apologize as that was not my intent. However, when you attack someone for something as petty as “there” vs. “their” you can expect retribution. I do not b*tch on this or any other forum. I state my opinion and leave it at that. Some people lack the ability to make a rebuttal w/o adding insults which is sad and shows lack of intellect. What happens on the line is forgotten by the time I hit the hwy home. I don’t’ hold it in to write about on flightinfo.com. If you want to be a grammar/spelling teacher fine, but this is not the place for it. With the amount of errors you would find, you may as well be on fltinfo’s payroll.

I expected retribution, that's why I said to Bash away after the post.

No harm no foul, I don't take anything personal on here. It's kind of cathartic to release all the BS and just B*tch on here.

SuperKooter said:
What happened to all the talk about 95% or more that the alpaites kept raving about? Looks to me the vote turned out to be a failure.

Well loser, we only needed 50.1% to give the MEC the power to call a strike. So now they (the MEC) have that option in the future. So, it's 92%. Still plenty desk boy. You better start looking for another job desk boy!

VOTED IN FAVOR!

JoeMerchant said:
OK, now what?The strike results are in. Far worse than the '97 results. Almost 25% either didn't vote, or voted no. We remain parked, and ALPA says the next move must be made by management.
What happens if management doesn't make another move and simply starts transferring assets to SKYW? What does ALPA do? What is ALPA's next move if we remain parked?

What happens? We walk. Then you and your older gf can retire to all your real estate holdings, or just go sailing on your boat joey. Joey "the sky is falling" Merchant. What a traitor you turned out to be.

VOTED IN FAVOR!

jehtplane said:
OH WAIT YOU PUNKED OUT AND VOTED NO BECAUSE YOU WERE PISSED AT ALPA.

BINGO! Give that man a prize! Joey likes to think of himself as a crusader, a martyr. That's why he won't resign his LEC 112 post. He's wants to be fired so, in his and the older gf mind's, he's a martyr. Yes, a good reason to vote NO just because BA put his older gf down in front of everyone at an MEC meeting awhile back. Dickey Opposite=Joey Merchant. I can't wait til this contract is settled and he starts another line of spin, even as he accepts the better QOL and raise.

VOTED IN FAVOR!

ASARJMan said:
BINGO! Give that man a prize! Joey likes to think of himself as a crusader, a martyr. That's why he won't resign his LEC 112 post. He's wants to be fired so, in his and the older gf mind's, he's a martyr. Yes, a good reason to vote NO just because BA put his older gf down in front of everyone at an MEC meeting awhile back. Dickey Opposite=Joey Merchant. I can't wait til this contract is settled and he starts another line of spin, even as he accepts the better QOL and raise.

VOTED IN FAVOR!

Don't be so hard on old Johnny B! He still thinks his rjdc crusade has a chance! He's so pathetic. Imagine being in his shoes where his popularity is so bad! He has to keep up his "anti alpa" crusade because without it, there would be no attention. Remember negative attention is still attention!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back