• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Strike Vote Results Here!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Better get to the table mgt. and come up with a fair contract. We are professionals just like you and we deserve to be treated like so.

Otherwise I guess you don't need our professional services.

Wasn't it 98% in favor with 98% voting during the last strike vote? This doesn't bode well for the hardliners.

ASADriver said:
Wasn't it 98% in favor with 98% voting during the last strike vote? This doesn't bode well for the hardliners.

You're a hard liner too. That doesn't bode well for you on the No side of things either, does it?

GO AROUND said:
You're a hard liner too. That doesn't bode well for you on the No side of things either, does it?

No because there won't be a stike and we will get a deal slightly better than what is on the table now.

lets go getem boys

Oooh, Great......do you think then I'll only have to take a 9.5% paycut, with no rigs and no profit sharing? Sign me up then!!!

ASADriver said:
No because there won't be a stike and we will get a deal slightly better than what is on the table now.

You will only get what you are willing to settle for. I am willing to bet that the 93% are not going to settle for a deal that is "slightly better than what is on the table."

I just received an e-mail verifying the numbers. Here is an excerpt from the ASA Connection e-mail.

1. Strike Vote Results Are In!

More than 92 percent of you who voted said you would support the MEC's
decision to declare a strike if the time was right and the
circumstances
demanded such action.

According to the official BallotPoint polling results, voter
participation
was an outstanding 85.03 percent. A total 1,255 ballots were cast
among the
1,476 pilots who were eligible to vote. Of those who voted, 1,163 -
percent - said they would support the MEC's decision to call for a
strike if
the time came to do so.

I wish that this vote had never been required of us. However, I would rather risk loosing this job to improve it here and know I stood with 1,162 other people that don't want another 7-8 years of the way it is now - well, I guess the paycuts they are proposing would be a change. The option that 92 spineless people voted for - to just take whatever crap they give us and say "thank you sir, may I have another," seems pretty lame. If you won't stand up when we operate with a profit in a place where we have hundreds of daily departures, when will you? If you are waiting for the airline landscape to improve as I have heard some claim, great. Just keep in mind that part of the reason the landscape would improve might be that pilots are flying for pennies! At that point, a 15% raise of crap wages would still be crap wages.

Brian, Charlie, and Jerry; get it together quickly. I have matches, and I'm not afraid to use them! :angryfire

Latest resources

Back