• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Strike Vote Results Here!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Aren't we jumping the gun a little here. No official results have been posted yet. For all we know it could have been 99%.

Just for the record i voted IN FAVOR!!

Medeco said:
I am flying with a captain who flew with someone that said they would not vote, because they didnt want to strike.
Then you have the older senior guys who dont see any advantage in striking, because if they feel they have more to lose than gain.
That is easily 15%Medeco

There's also a bunch of senior pilots who never were members of ALPA, but were grandfathered in so they wouldn't have to pay dues. Don't have a number, but it's a considerable amount.

VOTED IN FAVOR!

As of 15:40.

ALPA is saying that "with 85% of the VOTE COUNTED it is 92%" not 85% voted!!

Big difference!!!

COOPERVANE said:
Where are you getting this "secret" info?

SMS/text msg to P2P reps around 1230 today....

"Unofficial results are in...Excellent numbers! 92.67% YES 7.33% NO 85.1% votes cast"

So 92% of the pilot group feels that working conditions, pay, and treatment are so bad, so oppressive, so slavelike, that they would rather walk off the job, quit, lose their seniority, their schedule, and start all over for another carrier at first year pay rather than continue to negotiate - that is effectively what you are saying by voting yes. When the NMB releases you for a strike, they also release the company to impose any work rules they see fit - including replacing the striking workers. This is one possible reality - are you ready for it? How will you feel if it comes to that - how are you going to explain to your spouses and your children why you have to sell the house, pull the kids out of school or college, give up the SUV, and go to work at Home Depot for 50% of your current salary - all over $3 per hour by the way - until you can get another airline job for even less money the first year? Hope you enjoy the fruits of your labor - hope it doesn't come to that.

Hint by the way: The 15% who didn't vote are an effective NO vote - they didn't feel the effort to vote yes was even worth getting on the computer for 5 minutes.

Firehoser said:
Hint by the way: The 15% who didn't vote are an effective NO vote - they didn't feel the effort to vote yes was even worth getting on the computer for 5 minutes.

That is not true, I recieved a ballot, and I no longer work for ASA, I am sure that is the case for alot of that 15 percent, and I would have voted IN FAVOR OF A STRIKE. By the way Carl how does it feel to be a young Chief Pilot with 1800 pilots and not one of them respects you. You won't be a chief pilot forever.

Last edited:
"So 92% of the pilot group feels that working conditions, pay, and treatment are so bad, so oppressive, so slavelike, that they would rather walk off the job, quit, lose their seniority, their schedule, and start all over for another carrier at first year pay rather than continue to negotiate"

Sorry to say, but for me.... YES. I'd rather work somewhere else if they can't make this airline work on our CURRENT pay.

Better to start somewhere else with a company that has some sort of clue as to how to run an airline!!

Firehoser said:
So 92% of the pilot group feels that working conditions, pay, and treatment are so bad, so oppressive, so slavelike, that they would rather walk off the job, quit, lose their seniority, their schedule, and start all over for another carrier at first year pay rather than continue to negotiate - that is effectively what you are saying by voting yes. When the NMB releases you for a strike, they also release the company to impose any work rules they see fit - including replacing the striking workers. This is one possible reality - are you ready for it? How will you feel if it comes to that - how are you going to explain to your spouses and your children why you have to sell the house, pull the kids out of school or college, give up the SUV, and go to work at Home Depot for 50% of your current salary - all over $3 per hour by the way - until you can get another airline job for even less money the first year? Hope you enjoy the fruits of your labor - hope it doesn't come to that.

5 min on the computer? hell, their spending all of their free time on FI.com... Bouyyyyyyyyy.

Firehoser said:
...they would rather walk off the job, quit, lose their seniority, their schedule, and start all over for another carrier at first year pay rather than continue to negotiate - that is effectively what you are saying by voting yes.
Seems like either you don't understand the point of a strike authorization vote or you are intentional trying to twist its meaning. It doesn't necessarily mean someone wants to strike or that they don't want to continue to negotiate. It is an affirmation that the MEC and CNC speak for them and they will support their elected union leadership, if, at some point, the leadership determines that a strike is the appropriate course of action.

That 15 % may have also included those of us on mil leave. Not able to vote. But it would have been a vote in favor of supporting the union leadership and authorizing a strike.

Latest resources

Back