• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Strike Vote Results Here!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Both sides will continue to look unrealistic until they move closer to each other. Look at both sides now and find a median - 5 to 6% increase; that seems more than reasonable to me. The MEC's current proposal doesn't even match Comair's current rates. Any less than that is more than generous (and competative) from the union.

ASADriver said:
If that is true, then why are the ALPA updates saying that these aren't "negotiations". I get the feeling I am being mislead by BOTH sides and I'm tired of it. If your negotiating, then say so.

Driver....
They are NOT negotiations, straight from John Rice and Dave N. mouths.
It is a chance for the 2 sides to come together, without the mediator, and talk. Talk about each others position and why it is each side needs or wants certain things. It allows each side to understand each other better so that when negotiations do start up again they are more productive. Meetings like this were done prior to section 13 TA and you see how easily that got resolved afterward. Not saying this will speed the process but hopefully make it move better then without the meetings.
The ball is in the companies court, they have everything and are up for a counter offer! Hopefully something starts up within the next month.
Cheers

ASADriver said:
If that is true, then why are the ALPA updates saying that these aren't "negotiations". I get the feeling I am being mislead by BOTH sides and I'm tired of it. If your negotiating, then say so. The company needs to drop the paycuts for some, give a slight increase in 401k, and some job protection. The union needs to drop the huge payraise and the Bfund. Just get'er done.

Did I ever say that they were negotiations? No. They are talking Supposals. "suppose we give a little on this, will you give a little on that?"

You and the company are the only ones who think the pilots want a huge payraise. For me and a lot of others this is about just what you said, Cola's, and the ability to make more money if we want to work for it. It's a novel concept but SKW has that ability yet they are not willing to give us the same opportunity. Why is that?

As I said before ALPA was not the one that stopped negotiating, the company did. ALPA passed the last proposals and the company still hasn't passed anything back.

As for the SKW pilots, the whipsaw has already snapped back to them. Ask someone in the know if Jerry isn't saying that their rates have to come down or aircraft could be shifted. He has already told our MEC chairman that SKW rates are gonna have to come down when he was asked why all the 50 seaters aren't coming to ASA when our rates are so much lower.

Last edited:
GO AROUND said:
Did I ever say that they were negotiations? No. They are talking Supposals. "suppose we give a little on this, will you give a little on that?"

You and the company are the only ones who think the pilots want a huge payraise. For me and a lot of others this is about just what you said, Cola's, and the ability to make more money if we want to work for it. It's a novel concept but SKW has that ability yet they are not willing to give us the same opportunity. Why is that?

As I said before ALPA was not the one that stopped negotiating, the company did. ALPA passed the last proposals and the company still hasn't passed anything back.

As for the SKW pilots, the whipsaw has already snapped back to them. Ask someone in the know if Jerry isn't saying that their rates have to come down or aircraft could be shifted. He has already told our MEC chairman that SKW rates are gonna have to come down when he was asked why all the 50 seaters aren't coming to ASA when our rates are so much lower.

Once again, Driver only seeing what he WANTS to SEE!! I agree with you Go Around, things MUST IMPROVE here or we stop working....IT'S THAT SIMPLE!!! Like I said before, the Skywst pilots are NEXT! They better WAKE UP and start making things happen or they will just "GET" a new "lower" payrate! We ALL must get on the same page or JA is going to continue the whipsaw all the while making TONS of money!!!:(

GO AROUND said:

Sounds like negotiations to me. You said:

Yes and for the last 2 weeks they have been metting with the company and talking supposals in order to get this done.

First, aren't you the one who was correcting spelling on another thread? It is meeting, not metting.

Second, why can't we say we are negotiating? What the hell is the difference between "supposals" and "proposals". I'm tired of the BS.

Sinca3 said:
Driver....
They are NOT negotiations, straight from John Rice and Dave N. mouths.
It is a chance for the 2 sides to come together, without the mediator, and talk. Talk about each others position and why it is each side needs or wants certain things. It allows each side to understand each other better so that when negotiations do start up again they are more productive. Meetings like this were done prior to section 13 TA and you see how easily that got resolved afterward. Not saying this will speed the process but hopefully make it move better then without the meetings.
The ball is in the companies court, they have everything and are up for a counter offer! Hopefully something starts up within the next month.
Cheers

They sound like negotiations to me. However I appreciate your answers. Now I have another question. Everyone says that it is the company's turn to move. However when I asked one of our P2P people about our high 50 seat rates we are asking for he said, "that is our opening position and that is why it is still so high". The company has moved on the rates, so if we are still on our opening rates, and the company has moved, isn't it our turn to move?

ASADriver said:
They sound like negotiations to me. However I appreciate your answers. Now I have another question. Everyone says that it is the company's turn to move. However when I asked one of our P2P people about our high 50 seat rates we are asking for he said, "that is our opening position and that is why it is still so high". The company has moved on the rates, so if we are still on our opening rates, and the company has moved, isn't it our turn to move?

I think it's time to correctly represent yourself "ASADriver." Perhaps "ASADeskDriver" would be a more fitting title?

-Blucher:laugh:

Hmm only 92% of the only 85% that voted. To me that seems about 80% in favor. Looks like 20% of the pilots don't support the MEC. This sent a managment a message and that message is that they can ask for more cuts. Way to go alpa.

Stifler's Mom said:
Well, well, look what the cat dragged in.

What happened to all the talk about 95% or more that the alpaites kept raving about? Looks to me the vote turned out to be a failure.

Latest resources

Back