• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Strike Vote Results Here!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The 15% were probably sitting out on the ramp waiting to park.

The 15% were probably sitting out on the ramp waiting to park.

LOL!

But anyway i know of two people that while in favor, "just didnt get around to it" ! (voting)

but 92% in favor is HUGE, dont post negative things worrying about the other 15%.

Last edited:
:D92%....RIGHT ON!! Hey, JA, are you LISTENING???? Better get off the crapper and start making things happen around here or ELSE......:uzi:

15%

I am flying with a captain who flew with someone that said they would not vote, because they didnt want to strike.

Then you have the older senior guys who dont see any advantage in striking, because if they feel they have more to lose than gain.

Then you have a few morons who are "thankful to have a job" or "dont think its that bad" or "cant afford to strike"

That is easily 15%

Medeco

This is all meaningless. In recent years, "strike votes" have been in the 98% range at various airlines. Here we have less than 93%. At those same airlines, where the "strike vote" was 98%, the concessionary TAs were passed at just over 50%...some even higher. So y'all ain't gonna "shut the place down". Hell, less than 80% are even willing to admit they support the idea. When it comes time for the nut cuttin', there won't be the support to actually walk.

While I wish you guys all the best, the reality needs to be more urgent, and the supporters need to do a bit more drum beating instead of just sitting around lauding over what is really only minimal support, at best.

Flip Conroy said:
This is all meaningless. In recent years, "strike votes" have been in the 98% range at various airlines. Here we have less than 93%. At those same airlines, where the "strike vote" was 98%, the concessionary TAs were passed at just over 50%...some even higher. So y'all ain't gonna "shut the place down". Hell, less than 80% are even willing to admit they support the idea. When it comes time for the nut cuttin', there won't be the support to actually walk.

While I wish you guys all the best, the reality needs to be more urgent, and the supporters need to do a bit more drum beating instead of just sitting around lauding over what is really only minimal support, at best.

98%, 93%, 80%......who cares? We only need 50.1%

93% is very good and I certainly wouldn't classify that as "minimal support". I would more classify it as "take that concessionary offer and shove it up your ass, BL".

That's the same thing they were saying at Comair. Or Mesaba. Or Delta. Or AWAC. Or anywhere else that took a "strike vote" over the last several years and had almost 100% support during that "strike vote". It's the real vote that counts, and the concessionary contract always seems to get voted in as opposed to the alternative.

Flip Conroy said:
That's the same thing they were saying at Comair. Or Mesaba. Or Delta. Or AWAC. Or anywhere else that took a "strike vote" over the last several years and had almost 100% support during that "strike vote". It's the real vote that counts, and the concessionary contract always seems to get voted in as opposed to the alternative.

The difference is that all those airlines were in dire straits.....losing money, bankruptcy, etc. Why would anyone be expected to take a cut when their company makes money hand over fist?

Latest resources

Back