• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA shutting the door on hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FWIW, a lot of times we have operational issues on the ATR requiring us to spin both of them. Namely, you need both engines running to cool the cabin. Also, it's hard to taxi on one engine especially when really heavy, and we have a restriction requiring using both engines when the pavement is wet or icy.
Its March! You don't need to cool the cabin. You haven't needed to for several months now. And the ATR taxi's just fine on one engine.

How many times in the last 6 onths have we had ice on the taxiways or ramps in ATL? or anywhere else the ATR flies?

Its March! You don't need to cool the cabin. You haven't needed to for several months now. And the ATR taxi's just fine on one engine.

How many times in the last 6 onths have we had ice on the taxiways or ramps in ATL? or anywhere else the ATR flies?

Been in an ATR lately? We definately DO need to cool the cabin by mid-day.

The two engine taxi for wet/icy ramps is a POH thing. If we don't do it, we get in trouble.

WTF? If it's 60 outside and sunny, it's 85 in the cabin of an ATR. By March, we're using the A/C carts and full cold on the packs.

As for icy runways and taxiways, guess you were absent for all of the snow/ice storms in ATL in Jan/Feb? Remember that whole thing about ASA planes taxiing for 4 hours in the ATL de-ice line?

What an idiot.

WTF? If it's 60 outside and sunny, it's 85 in the cabin of an ATR. By March, we're using the A/C carts and full cold on the packs.

As for icy runways and taxiways, guess you were absent for all of the snow/ice storms in ATL in Jan/Feb? Remember that whole thing about ASA planes taxiing for 4 hours in the ATL de-ice line?

What an idiot.
Its been 60 outside VERY few days in ATL for the past several months (but you're right about it getting hot quick when its 60+ and sunny. At that point, do what you need to do)
There were exactly 2 snow/ice days in ATL with anything on the taxiway. Maybe 3 if you count the last one with flurries that were completely gone within an hour or so (who cares about the runway, since if you're on it, I presume you intend to take off soon anyway). And yes, I was absent those days, thankfully.
The guy's point was that there are too many instances of ATR's and 700's, and 200's (as well as 76's-75's-md88-73's) running around with both engines running unnecessarily while sitting in line to take off and while taxiing to the gate. AND he's RIGHT...IMO
Of course there are valid reasons for some of those times but, you and I (and everyone else) knows we, as a group, could and should do more to use less....for a variety of reasons.

BTW, for someone with such a hangup on the bears, I'd have thought you would know it Soldier Field...not soldiers field.

Its been 60 outside VERY few days in ATL for the past several months (but you're right about it getting hot quick when its 60+ and sunny. At that point, do what you need to do)
There were exactly 2 snow/ice days in ATL with anything on the taxiway. Maybe 3 if you count the last one with flurries that were completely gone within an hour or so (who cares about the runway, since if you're on it, I presume you intend to take off soon anyway). And yes, I was absent those days, thankfully.
The guy's point was that there are too many instances of ATR's and 700's, and 200's (as well as 76's-75's-md88-73's) running around with both engines running unnecessarily while sitting in line to take off and while taxiing to the gate. AND he's RIGHT...IMO
Of course there are valid reasons for some of those times but, you and I (and everyone else) knows we, as a group, could and should do more to use less....for a variety of reasons.

BTW, for someone with such a hangup on the bears, I'd have thought you would know it Soldier Field...not soldiers field.

Don't argue with the guy, it's just a reincarnation of John Pennekamp.

Been in an ATR lately? We definately DO need to cool the cabin by mid-day.

The two engine taxi for wet/icy ramps is a POH thing. If we don't do it, we get in trouble.
Haven't been in one lately (like 4 years or so) but, I've got more time inside the outer marker in the ATR than you have in it all together.

Latest resources

Back