Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Firefly

Firefly
I was told by an ASA captain, during an exit interview, that ASA will stop hiring shortly because of fuel cost.

Really?

Well, my cousin's friends' nephew's aunt's mom's grocer's son's friends' brother, who is in management, told me that ASA is getting rid of all the -200s next month. So you must be right!

I don't know if it is true or not.....but it wouldn't surprise me.....It is clear that the music is about to stop and there aren't enough chairs for everyone to sit in.....

It isn't just oil.....the US economy is in serious trouble.....

I've heard that some classes have been canceled, but interviews are still taking place.

Seriously, though, we're pretty fat on pilots for the promises of no growth we keep hearing from management. And attrition has slowed to about 20 a month.

It doesn't really make sense for management to keep hiring 40 a month indefinitely. Especially with 12 airplanes leaving this year and no replacement (that's 120 pilot positions lost with ASA's staffing formula of 5 crews per airplane)

Last edited:
heard the same thing today.. 2 guys that were hired to start the AATP program at FlightSafety were let go due to ASA stopping hiring

I was told by an ASA captain, during an exit interview, that ASA will stop hiring shortly because of fuel cost.

Delta Air Lines CEO Richard Anderson told employees Friday that they should expect to hear next week about changes to the airline's operations -- a result of the current high fuel prices.

However, this could mean more RJ flying.

Delta Air Lines CEO Richard Anderson told employees Friday that they should expect to hear next week about changes to the airline's operations -- a result of the current high fuel prices.

However, this could mean more RJ flying.

Why do you think that Atkin was out here for a whole week in March.

Latest resources

Back