• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA shutting the door on hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thats not saying a whole lot of your past job or where you're living.

Well, I'm not going to say it's my dream situation in life. It's not. But I'm being realistic and comparing to my other options. Looking at comparable payscales and QOL of like at other regionals, it seems ok.

Right now I make A LOT more money sitting in the right seat of a King Air doing 135 charter. But I'm on call 24/7, the guy I fly with is a dumbass that will probably get us violated eventually, there is no consistency to our flying (feast or famine), and no benefits.

As far as location, I do think it's a nice area for a couple of reasons: I can mountain bike, hike, and ride sportbikes there. I can't do that where I live now.

I also have the mindset for what this is - an entry level aviation job. If I wanted more security and a bigger paycheck, I would've stayed at my crappy office job.

Also, I have 950 hrs TT and 100 ME. I'm lucky to even have a chance compared to how things were a couple of years ago.

Last edited:
Just pulling your chain, buddy. Welcome aboard! We've got a few guys who will get you violated, but tell them "no" and you should be sitting pretty. It is a great group of people there.

Any reason to expect more flying in the future? Not being sarcastic, just asking your opinion...

Nice to see FI back up and running. Anyway, ASA will be watching any voids left by Mesa should they go under. Somebody will need to cover that flying.

Latest resources

Back