ASA Screw Scheduling

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
rightseatjocky said:
I don't see what the complaining is about. He answered his phone on a off day. You are told in BI and during your training, dont answer the phone on a off day. I guess you learned it the hard way, get over it and take the pay, if not quit and get a job you can be home with your kids.
re -read the post :rolleyes:

rightseatjocky said:
I make sure my times are up to date at the time of the next duty in. I also still call in my out times so they're right and I don't have to wait 3-5 days for them to correct themselves off the paper work. We should all still call in the times.

It is not the on and in times they are changing. They are changing the flight plan times from what is published in the bid packet. (ie MSP - SLC is less block than SLC - MSP by 30 minutes) By doing that they think that they can create a legal extension or jr man schedule.

Willy21 said:
It is not the on and in times they are changing. They are changing the flight plan times from what is published in the bid packet. (ie MSP - SLC is less block than SLC - MSP by 30 minutes) By doing that they think that they can create a legal extension or jr man schedule.

I am not entirely positive on this, but I believe it is allowed for them to change the block times, provided that the release has been generated and realistic taxi times are included. Technically these would be "more accurate" since it would account for current winds, not a historical average, however I've never seen it go in favor of the pilot.

I would definitely double check the times vs. the release and the realistic taxi times though.

Excuse me, I was speaking of our semi managment puke, Oh Please. The tool has a friend in scheduling which is why they don't treat him like everyone else. I love it when scheduling calls it's like sport to see what kind of idiotic plan they have for you and how many different ways that it is illegal.

See why it pays to drop pizzas off with scheduling when you're on reserve? some people call it sucking up, I prefer watching out for one's self ecspecialy when you're scheduling's biotch.

AuburnRedneck9 said:
Excuse me, I was speaking of our semi managment puke, Oh Please. The tool has a friend in scheduling which is why they don't treat him like everyone else. I love it when scheduling calls it's like sport to see what kind of idiotic plan they have for you and how many different ways that it is illegal.
funny how anyone who doesn't agree with you guys is management. Just how many management pilots do you think ASA can have?... tool? why the name calling? not able to leave your middle school years? time to grow up and stop name calling when someone doesn't agree with what you're saying. maybe, just maybe, you're not as smart as you think. I know the older I get the smarter I was. I was the smartest human alive when I was in middle school. You'll see how it works once you grow up.

Willy, I understand what you meant by changing the times. I have had them do that for me so they can get a flight out on my block time. Per flica, I have gone over 100 2 times this month. They have to drop you back down to 97.30 and then they can do what they want. Again, to fit the trips in they want, yes they will manipulate the times to fit it in so someone can do it. I have had it done and when they do that for lets say jr man. I keep very good track of what I have flown in the month and for that trip I will still get over block and submit it in the pay form that way. When they do something like that, I just fly at .74 and I will make money that way, when they try to take off 30 minutes. It works both ways.

sweptback said:
I am not entirely positive on this, but I believe it is allowed for them to change the block times, provided that the release has been generated and realistic taxi times are included. Technically these would be "more accurate" since it would account for current winds, not a historical average, however I've never seen it go in favor of the pilot.

I would definitely double check the times vs. the release and the realistic taxi times though.
Sweptback is correct. They routinely scheduled me with 2 minute taxi outs in Atlanta. They have also insisted on using CR7 block times for the ATR. The thing is that they know you are rushing like heck just to get your 8 hour block (9:55) actual of flying done so you can go home, eat, get some sleep, or whatever you do during the 332 hours left in the month after your 340 hours Time Away From Base.

Yes, you can call them on it. You will argue with them until you are "disconnected," then you call your dispatcher for the "real times," you call crew scheduling back, but they don't recognise what the dispatcher told you, the flight control manager and some assistant chief pilot get involved. In the mean time you could have flown a round trip to CYUL.....

After going through this a couple of times a pilot learns just to do the stupid MCN turn (after all, crew scheduling promises you will be off when you get back to ATL). The weather gets bad, there are ground holds and you end up back in ATL after 15:55 of duty. Crew scheduling then reminds you that you have 9 hours reduced in domicile because of "operational delay." But they are nice enough to tell you at 02:50 your duty in is now 11:50 for a 12:10 departure - "see you in the morning, I mean, umn, later today, he he he...."

It infuriates me that "operatonal delay" is "legal" because you could not fly an CR7 day line in an ATR with scheduled 2 minute taxi times.

You just have to get to the point where you tell the Bastards, "NO."

Crew scheduling might have been nice once, but when people are bailing out of ASA because of the lack of any future opportunity (to make the current sacrifice worth enduring) and the weather goes down - watch out. All they want is a butt in a seat, they don't care if their actions results in incidents, or accidents, that is your problem.

Crew Schedulers don't have Certificates, you do. Be careful.

Look up the definition of a slave:

Slavery is the social and legal designation of specific persons as property, for the purpose of providing labor and services for the owner without the right of the slave to refuse.

That is why I want to restrict involuntary junior maning in this next contract. I currently have 4 ocurrences, 3 of these were on my scheduled time off. If they want to fire me for refusing extensions when I'm fatigued, let them try.

Dave, Shelia and Rochelle need to be recognized as the true "Award of Excellence" winners they are.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back