ASA Screw Scheduling

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Palerider957 said:
Just because you have had a good run lately, it would be short-sighted to believe this is the "new and improved" scheduling."
aside from being on reserve a couple years ago ( of my own choice ) I've NEVER had issues with scheduling. I've had dto do a couple things I didn't like but, they needed it and were within their rights. Perception/reality.

Blucher said:
Gotta disagree with you there. I can remember explaining integration to a mainline jumpseater one day (about 3-4 years ago), and he was completely floored by it. As he put it "that's like putting everyone back on reserve for the first few days of the month....what's the point in having seniority if that's how they do it?" I don't know how they did it at mainline, but I know they were not doing PBS at that point, and they also didn't have this crazy integration system we have either. Anything man-made can be made better to better serve man. Once you stop believing that you might as well cash it all in because you've officially given up.

-Blucher

I understand that intergration comes due to how the requests from mainline come down. I would have to believe they have a little bit different setup for their own guys since it's planned much farther than for the regional feed. At least that was how my buddy in scheduling from my last company explained it.

With Pref Bid, there is no more transistion period but I'd rather deal with it at the beginning of the month until pref bid works in my favor.

ohplease! said:
those rat bastards did it to me again! I had a great schedule for Aug. and they went and integrated me for a freakin' 2 day worth almost 12 hours! And if that wasn't bad enough, when I said I didn't like the trip and I had something planned those days, you know what they did?!?! they traded it for something else I did like. DAMIT!!! Those jerks!

oh yeah, two days ago, they called me at home and I answered the phone on my off day. You know what they did?!?!? They asked me if I would like to come to work for JR. man pay. I had somethng planned with my kids and told them I didn't really want to come to work that day. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THOSE A'HOLES DID?!?!?! They said "o.k. no problem. We'll call someone else. Have fun with the kids".

The nerve of those people! Now I see what you guys are always bitchin' about. Lets shut this f'ing place down!!!!! Nobody should have to be treated this badly.;)

I think you have had enough beer this morning

I have not really had a problem with scheduling yet either, but I will say that they have their own internal problems with their system and with one another. But, I have had schedulers cover my @$$ in some pretty major ways already. Plus, their schedules SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! especially for what they are paid.

I don't see what the complaining is about. He answered his phone on a off day. You are told in BI and during your training, dont answer the phone on a off day. I guess you learned it the hard way, get over it and take the pay, if not quit and get a job you can be home with your kids.

Turkey Shoot said:
I understand that intergration comes due to how the requests from mainline come down. I would have to believe they have a little bit different setup for their own guys since it's planned much farther than for the regional feed. At least that was how my buddy in scheduling from my last company explained it.

With Pref Bid, there is no more transistion period but I'd rather deal with it at the beginning of the month until pref bid works in my favor.

Why not let us bid on integration/carry-in trips just like we bid on initial open time? They could even have a number of off days that one could bid on as well. It seems like such a simple concept, really.

This could all happen without PBS, by the way.

I think I flew with your dumbass when I was a newhire several years ago. Let me guess your old man was a US Air guy and you know a scheduler personally...now it all makes sense. Game is up you jerk I know exactly who you are.

AuburnRedneck9 said:
I think I flew with your dumbass when I was a newhire several years ago. Let me guess your old man was a US Air guy and you know a scheduler personally...now it all makes sense. Game is up you jerk I know exactly who you are.

Who is that direct to? Mmm I guess it's not me.

ohplease! said:
ah ha! now you may be onto something here. PERCEPTION vs. REALITY.

He is right on point. I know because I got drafted twice this week for a total of three days. Maybe you need to step into reality. It is a staffing issue.

Look at Scott Hall's letter about the SLC base closing. In it he said that anybody that wanted to go to SkyWest would be given the first class date after their interview for DOE and would not go to class until October. That was the plan to keep the staffing loss at a minimum until the base closed. We have lost I think four f/o's to SkyWest in the last weeks, Mr. Hall's letter was not what really happened and that has put SLC in a staffing bind.

Look at the awards for next month, four reserve f/o's to cover 53 hard lines and the unpublished trips. One of them was in a crashpad with me and has found and started another job, I am happy for him. So now there are three.

Management has learned nothing about what happens when you close a base. They lost a lot of f/o's from DFW because they didn't want to move to ATL and we are seeing this again. Those people find other jobs and it is up to management to forcast this and have replacements ready to fill the void. ASA management didn't do their job and now the SLC f/o's will pay for their error.

A word to SLC f/o's: check the block times when they reschedule you, crew schedueling is starting to fudge the times. Fly safe and remember you are the only one that will keep yourself from being violated.

I am now off the box.

Willy21 said:
He is right on point. I know because I got drafted twice this week for a total of three days. Maybe you need to step into reality. It is a staffing issue.

Look at Scott Hall's letter about the SLC base closing. In it he said that anybody that wanted to go to SkyWest would be given the first class date after their interview for DOE and would not go to class until October. That was the plan to keep the staffing loss at a minimum until the base closed. We have lost I think four f/o's to SkyWest in the last weeks, Mr. Hall's letter was not what really happened and that has put SLC in a staffing bind.

Look at the awards for next month, four reserve f/o's to cover 53 hard lines and the unpublished trips. One of them was in a crashpad with me and has found and started another job, I am happy for him. So now there are three.

Management has learned nothing about what happens when you close a base. They lost a lot of f/o's from DFW because they didn't want to move to ATL and we are seeing this again. Those people find other jobs and it is up to management to forcast this and have replacements ready to fill the void. ASA management didn't do their job and now the SLC f/o's will pay for their error.

A word to SLC f/o's: check the block times when they reschedule you, crew schedueling is starting to fudge the times. Fly safe and remember you are the only one that will keep yourself from being violated.

I am now off the box.

I have chosen to answer my phone, but only when Connelly calls me personaly. Yes, I have been called at home, but I answered the phone on purpose. I make them positive space me there and back home and I make them give me a conformation number. With all my credits this month, I will get paid for 147 hours this month. It's not fabrication or expanding anything, check out my schedule.
Willy, you're right in the fact that we have had 4 leave already. We also have 7 fo's out of slc leaving next month also. We are going to be hurting like there's no tomorrow.
I make sure my times are up to date at the time of the next duty in. I also still call in my out times so they're right and I don't have to wait 3-5 days for them to correct themselves off the paper work. We should all still call in the times.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back