Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA: Ready reserve not assigned via the bucket?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not bitching. I just don't get how our whole lives are based on seniority. And then like our old reserve system, they get to just pick at random someone who gets to take them selves to ATL and maybe sit for 8 hrs and then make their way home. "The devil is in the details" and all. I'll just have to suck it up, but I hope next time around there is a change.

Did you not realize this before you came to work at an airline?

I think he punctuated his post poorly. I believe his point is that if seniority is everything in this career, why is ready reserve not assigned on a seniority basis? The answer, as previously mentioned, is that the CBA allows them to.

I think he punctuated his post poorly. I believe his point is that if seniority is everything in this career, why is ready reserve not assigned on a seniority basis? The answer, as previously mentioned, is that the CBA allows them to.

Correct... I missed a "," sorry.

Almost every other regional airline is furloughing, and you’re complaining about sitting ready reserve?

excellent point and post. It is real easy to get caught up in all the complaining we pilots do around the crew rooms, etc.

Keep things in perspective.

And like I said earlier, if you want it changed in the next contract, what are you willing to give the company, cause they see a price on it.

Medeco

Almost every other regional airline is furloughing, and you’re complaining about sitting ready reserve?

Whereas I see your point and you are correct remember we are pilots and it's our nature to complain. Take that away from us and the job becomes boring. Now as for ready reserve, yes it does suck. Not because I have to come to work but because I have to sit around for 8 hours looking for something productive to do. So next time you have to sit RR try this: Go downstairs and start walking from E to T. Every pass is about 1 mile and you'll probably be asked for help about 5 times in each pass. Whereas before it would be annoying, now take the time and help people. You have nothing else to do and it kills a lot of time. It's great karma and the exercise you get from walking won't hurt you either. Do it four times and you just passed 2 or three hours and walked 4 miles. Then go grab a bite to eat in the E concourse and listen to that dude on the piano and people watch, some of those foreign girls are amazing. By this time half of your day is over. Go back to the lounge look through your OM/FOM, watch a little TV and it's almost over. It's a lot better once you accept the fact that you're on reserve.

Now all that said, has anyone else been getting called on RR to taxi planes from D-North to the terminal? I don't mind because it kills time but I think the MX personal is getting upset...i had one guy tell me it's taking away from their overtime.

Yeah; I have taxied a ton of planes back and forth. I did about 5 in one day a few months ago. I didn't mind so much as it passed the time, but those planes were pretty hot. I was told that a tug was broken.

Latest resources

Back