Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA: Ready reserve not assigned via the bucket?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think he is complaining about being assigned ready reserve. It seems to me is was simply inquiring on how it is supposed to be assigned. Valid question or concern, I think. Whats the big deal? Get off his back. He was simply wondering how it is supposed to work, which is a right we all have to know.

Do you look at the reserve list daily? It moves a lot. I had a time where someone had the exact days to work as I did. 5 days. He's junior to me and has less credit. He got RR, and his days on reserve went to 1 on the list, even thought he really had 5 days. So if I look at the list, and the schedulers look at the list they see that I'm next, when really I'm not.

Like I said, print it out at least 3 days in advance, so they can't assign stuff yet and screw up the order.

Then when you want to verify things were assigned right, it may take a bit more work to see where people stand in the bucket, but you'll have the information. At least until Flica goes away, you can use the Schedule Lookup feature on there. I don't know how to do it with the Crew Bid software now.

everyone needs to watch that damn Ken Rosengren. He is giving the night schedule guy like $300 a month to get him up to 95hrs. To take trips that are not to go to him.

Hey, nice to meet ya. I heard from a friend that I was being slandered by you here and it looks true. Since nobody appreciates being dissed by a jealous no-name on a public forum, I figured I'd actually stick up for myself.

I know nobody in scheduling but yes, they probably know my name. I police their efforts more than just about anybody. I always make sure I get the trips that should be coming to me. Scheduling is doing a much better job lately. Is it a crime to credit 93 hrs in a busy summer month such as August? A long call guy got 105 or something.

How I get higher credit: I do call me first over the weekends, where all the open time seems to be. Since senior people generally want weekends off, I am usually pretty senior over the weekend reserve guys. Therefore, I almost always get used every weekend. I do this because I commute to ATL and I'd much rather fly than sit around in a crashpad all day complaining on flightinfo.

I don't take trips from people unless they should have been mine and I don't go crying to SH. PD doesn't help you because there is nothing to fix. Are you more senior to me? Do you understand the reserve section of the contract? Call me first goes by seniority, not by credit hours. The worst I did was ask for a trip that dutied in a bit earlier than my call bucket, a trip they had given to a no-preference guy. I treated them like human beings and I got the trip. I grew up in the northeast and have a high work ethic, and my 93 hrs credit took some effort to achieve. I'm sorry if you're too lazy to care.

Go ahead and PM me and I'll give you my phone number so we can discuss this further.

Hey, nice to meet ya. I heard from a friend that I was being slandered by you here and it looks true. Since nobody appreciates being dissed by a jealous no-name on a public forum, I figured I'd actually stick up for myself.

I know nobody in scheduling but yes, they probably know my name. I police their efforts more than just about anybody. I always make sure I get the trips that should be coming to me. Scheduling is doing a much better job lately. Is it a crime to credit 93 hrs in a busy summer month such as August? A long call guy got 105 or something.

How I get higher credit: I do call me first over the weekends, where all the open time seems to be. Since senior people generally want weekends off, I am usually pretty senior over the weekend reserve guys. Therefore, I almost always get used every weekend. I do this because I commute to ATL and I'd much rather fly than sit around in a crashpad all day complaining on flightinfo.

I don't take trips from people unless they should have been mine and I don't go crying to SH. PD doesn't help you because there is nothing to fix. Are you more senior to me? Do you understand the reserve section of the contract? Call me first goes by seniority, not by credit hours. The worst I did was ask for a trip that dutied in a bit earlier than my call bucket, a trip they had given to a no-preference guy. I treated them like human beings and I got the trip. I grew up in the northeast and have a high work ethic, and my 93 hrs credit took some effort to achieve. I'm sorry if you're too lazy to care.

Go ahead and PM me and I'll give you my phone number so we can discuss this further.

You are such a liar. I spoke with a manager in scheduling she said she just got off the phone with Scott. And that Scott said just give him what he wants. Hard work ethic my a$$. Seems pretty easy to get on your knees to get what you want. You can have it man for that price.

You are such a liar. I spoke with a manager in scheduling she said she just got off the phone with Scott. And that Scott said just give him what he wants. Hard work ethic my a$$. Seems pretty easy to get on your knees to get what you want. You can have it man for that price.

Yeah now that I looked at your old posts I wouldn't have expected a rational reply. All you are is a coward hiding behind behind a screen name who is nothing but a flamer and instigator. To personally call out someone's name on a message board just because you are jealous is pathetic. I gave you a chance to contact me personally but I'm sure you don't want to show your face so I've been hunting a bit. Here's what I know about you:

1) You commute from MSP
2) You have recurrent ground in July so that means you were hired a couple months before me.
3) You failed a NWA interview
4) You went to college
5) You'd rather be at Skywest

Hmm, are you a UND guy trying to pay off his student loans and mad because I made more than you?

You didn't happen to get a Simuflite scholarship back in 2001 did you?

Special Note and axioms:

1. The ability and the degree of that ability to manipulate one's world, is a sign of intelligence!

2. The squeaky wheel always gets the oil!

3. The earlybird usually gets the worm, and the earlybid usually gets the trip!

4. He, who knows the rules and the loopholes, wins the game!

5. Money left on the table, is like fuel, runway, and an empty seat left behind!

6. And finally, have you ever noticed, the Whiners and Scorekeepers(Losers) are always at the end of the line--and complaining on F.I.?

Referee's decision: Using somone's name or initials is strictly prohibited on F.I. and the moderator should take action!

Last edited:
Call me first goes by seniority, not by credit hours. .

Careful with that. That is not always true. The contract has a crazy loophole that nullifies that if said assignment will take you over 75 hrs for the month. I think that is stupid, because it completely nullifies the guys who want to work hard and go over block from doing so. Not sure how you are lucking out and going over 75 hrs. I have been on reserve for 14 month, LC CMF, and have NEVER once gone over. I always get shut down at the end of the month when I approach 75 hrs, and the trips go to guys with less block time.

Latest resources

Back