Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA: Ready reserve not assigned via the bucket?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know you were just trying to be an a$$ about it, but thanks for pointing it out for everyone. I don't know how in the world anyone could have ever missed that huge part of the contract. Hope that teaches you a lesson 73!

yeah that's what is bad..they basically use it to break up your 5 and 6 day on call periods it seems. and I asked how they go about assigning that and was told its just "random"

How about some cheese with the whine?

Guys, just one more reason to know your contract.

Bottom line, everything is worth a price and or CNC decided they would agree to this in return for something else. Like Long call with 12hr call out and no option for ready reserve even after being converted to short call.

Medeco

nothing better than listening to ready reserves complain about watching tv for 8 hours. miraculously i havnt been extended in a 6 months and i imagine having ready reserves is a reason for that. my reserve fo last week compained about getting 2 days of rr in august, he only worked 8 days.

seriously, who really cares. you knew you'd be on reserve, you bid the plane or chose to work for an airline. you can only have 6 days of rr per month and it keeps line guys from getting hosed. are you seriously gonna bitch cause you were 3 in the bucket and they skipped 2. get over yourself.

nothing better than listening to ready reserves complain about watching tv for 8 hours. miraculously i havnt been extended in a 6 months and i imagine having ready reserves is a reason for that. my reserve fo last week compained about getting 2 days of rr in august, he only worked 8 days.

seriously, who really cares. you knew you'd be on reserve, you bid the plane or chose to work for an airline. you can only have 6 days of rr per month and it keeps line guys from getting hosed. are you seriously gonna bitch cause you were 3 in the bucket and they skipped 2. get over yourself.

While the ready reserve could have been implemented better, the same people bitching now will be loving it when they're lineholders and don't get extended like we used to under the old contract.

Sounds like a classic 10 year or so guy. What about a 14??? number?

I know you were just trying to be an a$$ about it, but thanks for pointing it out for everyone. I don't know how in the world anyone could have ever missed that huge part of the contract. Hope that teaches you a lesson 73!

Yeah, I was trying to be an a$$ about it. I'm sick of hearing guys in ops and the lounge btch about simple stuff in the contract.

the RR section is about a page long. It took me all of 20 seconds to re-read it before the first time I had RR to keep from getting scrwd.

Latest resources

Back