Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Pilots should be ready for strike....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tomct

Guys/Gals, we better be preparing for the big day! If we don't get what we want, we must stand firm and make the company pay!! If we cave like the vast majority, then....WE SUCK!! Those of you out there that fear not paying your bills....welcome to the industry! This is the only leverage we have and we must use it if we are to raise the bar! We hold Mother D by the "short and currlys!" Being that our biggest base is ATL and will soon be upto 500 flights a day! We could Cripple Big D and I don't think....no I KNOW that Jerry will not allow us to do it for long...he will be on the "Bat Phone" to the Granite palace and telling them to get it done...ASAP
So get ready to PLAY POKER!! Don't flinch just because they threaten us!
Stand Strong....

Tomct said:
Guys/Gals, we better be preparing for the big day! If we don't get what we want, we must stand firm and make the company pay!! If we cave like the vast majority, then....WE SUCK!! Those of you out there that fear not paying your bills....welcome to the industry! This is the only leverage we have and we must use it if we are to raise the bar! We hold Mother D by the "short and currlys!" Being that our biggest base is ATL and will soon be upto 500 flights a day! We could Cripple Big D and I don't think....no I KNOW that Jerry will not allow us to do it for long...he will be on the "Bat Phone" to the Granite palace and telling them to get it done...ASAP
Stand Strong....

Actually, I hope you started getting ready about two years ago. It's too late to start saving cash now.

Tomct said:
Stand Strong....

You are 100% correct my friend. Delta will not let you guys strike. They can not afford to make the same mistake twice. I think if you guys stand firm, you will get what you are asking for as long as it is reasonable. Big D can not replace ASA flying quick enough to prevent massive flight cancelations. It will cost Delta more to let you go on strike (money and reputation)....hopefully everyone has learned this lesson.

I think if you guys stand firm, you will get what you are asking for as long as it is reasonable.

Just don't let Delta decide what is and isn't reasonable.

ASAFOE120 said:
And full retro pay to the last day!!!!

Amen!!!!!

Giving up all or even a portion of retro pay will just encourage the company to drag its feet in futrure contract negotiations.

ACE said:
You are 100% correct my friend. Delta will not let you guys strike. They can not afford to make the same mistake twice. I think if you guys stand firm, you will get what you are asking for as long as it is reasonable. Big D can not replace ASA flying quick enough to prevent massive flight cancelations. It will cost Delta more to let you go on strike (money and reputation)....hopefully everyone has learned this lesson.

There is another option. ASA strikes and Delta immediately declares BK. ASA pilots get ordered back to work and then face having their contract ripped up in BK. Simulataneously, DL chops up the mainline contract and the CMR contract.

I'm not saying it will happen, but I wouldn't put it past management.

Tomct said:
Stand Strong....

Amen brother! I've been saying this for 2 years now! I don't think we'll go past
the 3 year mark of Sept. for negotiating, but you never know.

Latest resources

Back