Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Pilots should be ready for strike....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am so F-ing sick of the whole F-ing thing. Burn it down, Burn it down! They can all suck my deck. Pieces of shat! NOT JUST NO, BUT HELL F-ing NO!!! I'm about to go REX kwan do on somebody!

Forget about it.

The NMB will never release you from mediation and the company knows it so you can forget about striking. I wish I was wrong on this but I'm pretty darn sure that I'm not. You will be in negotiations forever as long as G.W. is in office. There is no way that the current administration is going to allow an airline union to get the upper hand against a financially troubled airline in the current economy. There is no specific time limit for Mediation under the Railway Labor Act; it can last indefinitely and that's actually the current trend. Mediation will end when the union accepts the company offer. Think I'm wrong?.................revisit this post 3 years from now when you are still in mediation. Also, full retro pay? Unlike Express jet you are part of a corporation that is in deep financial trouble....forget about it. Trust me on this one, I know more about the NMB and the Railway Labor Act than I would care to from very personal experience and it's not pretty. ALPA used to hold a lot of sway with the NMB but that's pretty much gone away now that the Republicans are in office and the industry is a financial trainwreck. I wish you guys/gals the best of luck, however, there's never been a worse time in the history of the airline industry to try to get a new and improved contract.

now that the Republicans are in office

The Democrats didn't help. In '98 (at the three year point) we voted down the TA by 92%.

The good democrat Maggie Jacobsen, a Clinton appointee, told us it was a good deal, and if we voted it down it would be at least another YEAR before she would release us.

Got basically the same reaction, in person, from ALPA pres. Randy Babbitt. "It was a good deal. You guys should have taken it."

We did manage to get a better contract, but involved basically a Perfect Storm of FAA intervention, maintenance meltdown and a huge expansion plan coming over the transom.

You guys tell me when the pickets go up and I'll come march with you (and bring a few ex-ASA buds....)

ASAFOE120 said:
And full retro pay to the last day!!!!

That should break the bank the bank at ASA!! If it's anything like what happened at Comair, then everyone should get a check for what, 5 bucks??

Actually, a strike at ASA would not be productive. First of all, look at all of the Riddle "airline-pilot-wannabes" that will fly YOUR jets for FREE, just so they can be "airline pilots" right out of school. Riddle student to Scab all in 6 months or less.

Second, if labor tensions look bad, Delta will drop you guys like a hot-potato. The last thing they need is any disruptions or bad publicity. Look for SkyWest to get the biggest growth spurt if this happens. CHQ will get some flying and look for Mesa to get a lot of it.

ASA is not a secure place, and a strike could be the final nail in the coffin.

VABB said:
That should break the bank the bank at ASA!! If it's anything like what happened at Comair, then everyone should get a check for what, 5 bucks??

Actually, a strike at ASA would not be productive. First of all, look at all of the Riddle "airline-pilot-wannabes" that will fly YOUR jets for FREE, just so they can be "airline pilots" right out of school. Riddle student to Scab all in 6 months or less.

Second, if labor tensions look bad, Delta will drop you guys like a hot-potato. The last thing they need is any disruptions or bad publicity. Look for SkyWest to get the biggest growth spurt if this happens. CHQ will get some flying and look for Mesa to get a lot of it.

VABB,

How long do you suppose it would take Delta to replace over 1600 pilots? DAL would be long dead before they even got close. As far as scabs? Maybe a school can introduce a six-month program called "Private to broken kneecaps ab-initio". I bet they knock a few thousand off the intro price! You must be insider Delta to already "know" where our flying is going to go if we strike! (TIC)

PS- I'm ready...tired of the b.s. Sing it with me..."ONE MORE DAY OF RETRO PAY, RETRO PAY, RETRO PAY...."

Last edited:
VABB said:

I think you are talking out of your a$$, VABB. First of all, what strike is productive. It's a last resort move, to get management off their stalling, fat a$$es. As far as the retro pay, how do you figure it will only be $5? This has been going on for two years and 5 months now. 75 hours per month X 29 months= 2175 hours X (just guessing on the difference here) $8= $17,400 Now multiply by 1600 and you get the picture.

The more I read your post, it is obviously flame bait - or you are a plant.

Ted Striker said:
VABB,

How long do you suppose it would take Delta to replace over 1600 pilots? DAL would be long dead before they even got close. As far as scabs? Maybe a school can introduce a six-month program called "Private to broken kneecaps ab-initio". I bet they knock a few thousand off the intro price! You must be insider Delta to already "know" where our flying is going to go if we strike! (TIC)

PS- I'm ready...tired of the b.s. Sing it with me..."ONE MORE DAY OF RETRO PAY, RETRO PAY, RETRO PAY...."

Not long at all. They could offer it to Indy Air, and given their current financial condition I don't think they would turn it down.

Delta could also put some mainline jets on the bigger former-ASA routes temporarily. They could farm out the rest to other regionals rather quickly too. It's not a matter of replancing 1600 pilots. It's a matter of giving it to other airlines who are more than ready to take them AND have the pilots. Remember, Delta doesen't have to hire and train if they nix you guys. Just reshuffle a little bit. They own your jets, and they can also place them anywhere they want. They have the upper hand in this one.

The negotiators haven't even gotten to scheduling or compensation yet on the first TA, so talk about striking is WAAAAAAAY premature.

You guys are going to wear yourselves out chomping at the bit for a strike for that long...

Ted Striker said:
I think you are talking out of your a$$, VABB. First of all, what strike is productive. It's a last resort move, to get management off their stalling, fat a$$es. As far as the retro pay, how do you figure it will only be $5? This has been going on for two years and 5 months now. 75 hours per month X 29 months= 2175 hours X (just guessing on the difference here) $8= $17,400 Now multiply by 1600 and you get the picture.

The more I read your post, it is obviously flame bait - or you are a plant.

No strike is productive, and in your case, it would probably end up shutting you down. Second, ASA doesen't pay their people crap to begin with and IF there is a raise, it won't be much. The difference between what you were making and what you would hypothetically get is tiny.

A strike won't get your management off their a$$es, it will get ASA off Delta's back.

VABB said:
Not long at all. They could offer it to Indy Air, and given their current financial condition I don't think they would turn it down.

Do you think any of them would fly struck work? Because that is what it would be.

Latest resources

Back