Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Pilots should be ready for strike....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RJFlyer said:
The negotiators haven't even gotten to scheduling or compensation yet on the first TA, so talk about striking is WAAAAAAAY premature.

You guys are going to wear yourselves out chomping at the bit for a strike for that long...

Exactly, it's been almost two and a half years and we havent't gotten to the meat of it yet.

VABB said:
No strike is productive, and in your case, it would probably end up shutting you down. Second, ASA doesen't pay their people crap to begin with and IF there is a raise, it won't be much. The difference between what you were making and what you would hypothetically get is tiny.

A strike won't get your management off their a$$es, it will get ASA off Delta's back.

Our pay rates, until the last couple of years, were not bad (relatively, of course). It's not so much about the $$, it's about work rules, scheduling abuses, general malcontent with the way management handles us and constantly violates our current contract. Guys are fed up.

Dear ASA,
$hit or get off the pot.

Love, Ted

Ted Striker said:
Our pay rates, until the last couple of years, were not bad (relatively, of course). It's not so much about the $$, it's about work rules, scheduling abuses, general malcontent with the way management handles us and constantly violates our current contract. Guys are fed up.

Dear ASA,
$hit or get off the pot.

Love, Ted

I can agree with you on the work rules and scheduling. I honestly wish the best for you guys, hopefully you can make some positive changes for the industry. It seems that in the past there have been too many people too anxious to do anything for a flying job. Hopefully, if you do strike, people are smart enough NOT to cross the line. And, while I'm at it, hopefully the days of people coming out of school willing to work for "free" will come to an end too.

If this Company goes to a strike, it will not be over money. It will be over the lousy way the Company treats its employees.

We have no loyalty to an alter ego ( not Delta ) operation that treats us with no consideration what so ever. Crew scheduling can be rediculous and management will back them up. We have ( and win ) more grievances than Delta mainline, an operation with more than three times our seniority list.

There are a small minority of pilots here who feel so abused that they want to shut the airline down, just to make the abuse stop.

There are so many "freebees" that are win / win propositions for management and the pilots, like Flica, allowing more options to pick up open time, and better crew utilization. Heck, it still seems stupid that Comair and ASA have a couple of million $ in hotel expenses so we can fly through each other's bases.

ASA does not have operational control over ASA, Delta does. I think Delta is going to continue to have labor problems at its wholly owned subsidiaries as long as we are told we are not part of the Delta operation and that we should not expect to be treated like professionals.

Last edited:
1. VABB sounds like an MBA earning management wannabee. There's always one in the crowd... ignore him.

2. Comair's pay freeze is a concession. Don't think for one minute that it's ok because it's not a pay cut. It's giving back money you would have otherwise had. Money that you were out of work 89 days to get. DON'T DO IT!!!

~~~^~~~ said:
If this Company goes to a strike, it will not be over money. It will be over the lousy way the Company treats its employees.

We have no loyalty to an alter ego ( not Delta ) operation that treats us with no consideration what so ever. Crew scheduling can be rediculous and management will back them up. We have ( and win ) more grievances than Delta mainline, an operation with more than three times our seniority list.

There are a small minority of pilots here who feel so abused that they want to shut the airline down, just to make the abuse stop.

There are so many "freebees" that are win / win propositions for management and the pilots, like Flica, allowing more options to pick up open time, and better crew utilization. Heck, it still seems stupid that Comair and ASA have a couple of million $ in hotel expenses so we can fly through each other's bases.

ASA does not have operational control over ASA, Delta does. I think Delta is going to continue to have labor problems at its wholly owned subsidiaries as long as we are told we are not part of the Delta operation and that we should not expect to be treated like professionals.

The strike is not going to be about money. Unfortunately is is going to be a lousy attempt to fix basic management issues.

Well said.

Gentlemen, Gentlemen, Please let us all take a deep breath and relax. Yes we have been in negotiations for a long time and it is frustrating. But, to expouse a "let's burn the whole place down" attitude will get us no where fast.

The way I see it, it benefits us to let the company drag this out. As long as we are united on 100% retro pay then we can let them drag it. The industry is under going change. Why settle a contract in this economic environment? Mama Delta is hurting right now. It is important to see how this year plays out.

We will get an industry leading contract. I will not vote for anything less. Keep the faith and professional attitude I know we all share.

I didn't get a hurumph out of that guy...

Vabb...You discuss me as a pilot! If you are at Delta, I know plenty of people that would be discusted at the way you think!! Funny thing is, you probably came from the military with what....1500hrs....and all of that experience? Don't get me wrong, flying for the military would have been great....Except for Slick Willy in office...anyway, your thought process is waaaaaayyyyyy offfffffff! Delta would put the final nail in its coffin if they ever let ASA go! We own ATL and would CRIPPLE Big D! You would end up giving more pay concessions to survive! Go back to your hole and Pipe Down Francis! We are tired of hearing crap from people like you, who are in fact talking out of FEAR!!
Huck....You are the man! We would be glad to have you come walk the line with us, thanks for your support!
Ted...You are right! It would be struck work and if anyone crossed it, oh man would there be trouble....broken knee caps etc! It would be GRRRRREAT!!!!

rumrnr78 said:
to expouse a "let's burn the whole place down" attitude will get us no where fast.
It is unfortunate, I agree, but if Delta will not approach these negotiations in good faith, then all that is left is a game of chicken. The first ( sane ) person that swerves out of the way loses.

In case you have not noticed, pilots are out flying the airplanes & taking care of the passengers. I don't think anyone wants this airline to run on time more than the pilots do.

Look, the pilots are not the folks lighting the matches. We are pointing at smoke and telling you that there is a fire.

I hate the game of chicken as much as anyone with any intelligence does. If you have a better, effective, idea - please volunteer your time to our negotiations.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back