Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Pilots should be ready for strike....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Medflyer, it is thinking like this that mgmt wants...Don't be putting the doubt in the minds of the people! We need to stay possitive and keep sticking together!

Hey you took your pay freeze, shouldn't you get E170's like Comair?

FBL717,

ASA has not taken any pay freeze!

We are 2 years and 4 months past the amendable date.

701EV

P.S. READY TO STRIKE!

FLB717 said:
Hey you took your pay freeze, shouldn't you get E170's like Comair?

They haven't agreed to the pay freeze yet. They'll get whatever aircraft Delta had planned for them anyway, pay freeze or not. At least that was the case last time when ASA and Comair were asked for concession for the RFP.

Just seems odd for two MECs to have the same position on this pay for growth crap, meet on Sunday, Comair MEC endorses the proposal, ASA MEC comes out that they are against it (as if to not anger the troops). My guess is our contract is finished very soon and mirrors Comairs

In Comair's MEC defense, they probably feel like the proposal needs to be put up for a vote....for fear of being lynched. I have two questions for any Comair pilot that would be voting yes.

First, what makes your deal any different than what we were offered last year. They played the growth for pay freeze card and we turned them down......we still got the airplanes!!! I don't believe for one second the airplanes will not be coming your way regardless of the vote.

Second, FB ego will not allow him to be President of a company with no growth. They guy will find a way to get the airplanes come his way. He probably made the deal prior to his arrival and is just trying to get some cash back.

In the end I realize it is difficult to watch others grow while you don't, but it happened at ASA for two years. We stood our ground and are no worse off now. In fact we are going to accept an additional 12 airplanes for a total of 37.....with no pay freeze!!!!

Stay strong and vote what you know to be the RIGHT thing. Once any of us start down this road.....its all down hill.

ASA turned down an offer freezing it at much lower rates than Comair. Also, the other parts of Comair's contract seem to be much better than ASA's. Living with industry leading wages even while taking a pay freeze does not seem that bad - I wish I had that problem. I bet Comair guys are wondering how serious ASA pilots are about this new contract because as soon as ASA signs something that is less than Comair, ASA will get new airplanes. This is a guarantee for growth, upgrades, job security, better lines, etc.. for Comair pilots in exchange for a contract that is STILL the industry leader when the pay freeze ends.

I guess ASA needs to get serious about their negotiations fast, instead of prolonging them.

Twobits...The whole reason for starting this thread is to get people talking and not accepting anything less than Comair Plus!!! Even if it is only 1 percent, we raised the bar and kept it going in the right direction. The other thing that mgmnt needs to think about is that Xjet got 100% back pay....I think....And if they had to do that here it will Kill them!!! I love it! We need to stand strong and not accept anything less, otherwise we are right there with the "bottom-feeders!!"
Keep the Faith

Not only did they get 100% Retro, they got it at Comairs pay rate, which was HIGHER than their new pay rates! I, for one, will vote NO only ANY proposal that does not include 100% retro pay!!! Every day that management drags this out is money out of my pocket!

Also ready.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back